Sign in to follow this  

How would a stock X handle this?

Came across this video of a xr400 on youtube, very close to what I like to ride- just add in more trees and alot more rocks. I currently ride a xr250 and xr400 as in this video at about twice his pace on the edge of the xr's ablity I would love a X as soon as my tax money comes back. How would the X do in conditions like this? The author said its alot steeper than what the vga vhs quality video camera captured

Are you kidding me?

it's what the X was made for

You'll be a happy camper.

The X is the way to go I replaced my 01 xr 400 with a 08 crf 450 x and never looked back

I agree... the X will do it all, and do it great.

However, I find if funny how most new 450Xers are coming from bikes like the XR400. Now, if you look in "my garage", I'm nearly done with my new heavily MOD'd XR4, and am making it into a 450X killer... haha... kidding. I'm making it my long-distance bike. For rides of 500+ miles at a time.

See, both bikes will do what your after. One not "better" than the other, but with different flair if you will. With the 450X's power, you might be a bit more tired. Plus, it's weight is carried a bit higher than the XR4. But, the suspension might help out with all that, and especially if you use a stabilizer.

I'm excited to say I'm going to an XR400... it's skinny, light up top, will run 150 miles on a large tank, won't tear up tires or chains like the X, and with great suspension can be a LOT of FUN! ... I'm also excited to have to take two runs at some hills! Making rides more fun, with less power... should be interesting and challenging. I'm pumped.

You'd love an X. Go for it!!