Sign in to follow this  

Missouri Legends Raceway Halfway Mo.

I was practicing there yesterday, I always bring my CRF50 with me and went out in the "50" class which I've done at least 5-6 times over the past year or more at Legends. I'm always a safe rider and if there is a kid slower then me I always slow down and pass them with care. And I've always stopped and helped the kids get there bike up or whatever if they've fell over or wrecked. If anything having a few adults on the track with the kids makes it safer. I've even stopped and talked to bart (the owner) while out riding the "50 practice" before.

But anyways, yesterday. I arrived at the track during the 50 practice and there was a guy on a pitbike riding with them and even doubling up on the triple in the middle of the track. So I rode the big bike once and then hopped on the 50 along with a few other guys riding pitbikes in the "50" practice. I rode half a lap ROLLING EVERYTHING and came over the over and under jump and bart was yellow flagging me and walked out on the track so I stopped. He was mad from the second I stopped for some reason. He started yelling at me "NO DOUBLING!!" while getting in my face and I tried telling him I haven't doubled anything. Keep in mind I kept my voice down and wasn't even mad. Bart proceeded to yell at me and let F bombs drop every other word. I barely got a word in. Last thing I said was "this is a 50 to" and he started slapping his flag on my bars and got in my face yelling again. He then said "If you want to argue pack your S*** up and get the F*** out of here!!" I said ok F you and rode off to my truck and starting loading up.

Bart then waited a few minutes and came over to my truck and got in my face and rambled on in a rage about nothing cussing like a sailor in front of my little cousin and lots of other family's. I was still pretty cool and told him go get out of my face and he was ready to punch me. But he walked away and I gladly packed up and left along with all the family I had there. I went to the concession stand to get my money back and his wife was really nice and apologized for him and took my name and number and said he would call?????(Still waiting) I don't know what his problem but he just ran off a lot of good business from his track!! Even if you was having a bad day and took it out on me that's still NO REASON to treat me like that much less talk like that in front of little kids and family's!!! I don't ever plan on going back there and no one else I've talked to does either!! I hope your real proud of your self bart. :lol:

Anyone looking for a good track in SW Missouri needs to hit up Possum Hollow!!!!

http://www.possumhollowmx.com/

I went there today and surprise surprise everyone was super nice and no one cussed me for riding my pitbike in the 50 class. :banana:

Its been a long time sense I have been to Possumhollow but the track was always fun. It was the family stuff that they were bad at. LIke bathrooms and seating. But like I said that was a long time ago. The other place I like was Sproutpatch is that place still open?

Possum Did have flushing toilets a while back pretty sure there still there, and there is a couple porta crappers there. They have some bleachers in a few places too. But no Sprout Patch closed down a long time ago. Its a shame! I loved that place too!!

Knowing Bart, there is more to this story. I heard you scared the little kids, but I wasn't there. Bart has always been super helpful to me and my son riding there. Sorry for your mishap with Bart, but I will still go there.

The dirt at Sproutpatch was great the track was a little narrow but very fun. The dirt at Possum gets hard but its still a great place to ride. Like I said its been a long time sense I have been to any of the tracks in southern Missouri. Now that I am in South America I dont thing I will ever make to any of them again. Good luck

taken from the mostatemx forum....

Bryan, I certainly will not apologize for asking you and Mercer to move to the 65 class to ride your Pit Bikes.. It was an easy request that should have been honored without question. Instead, you decided to argue about the size or your so called " 50 " ( bad move on your part bro!) I have read your post 3 times, and don't disagree with you.. I was hot, mad as hell, and laughing all at the same time. However, Legends is MY track, with MY rules.. If you would like to discuss my reasoning's for my decision about any given day.. I'm all ears at the proper time. ( your "proper" time seems to always be on MO state??? )

I once heard, " LEARNING IS NOT ALWAYS TAUGHT IN A CLASSROOM" . You can say, the track is my classroom these days. Saturday, I had a 5 year old boy with tears in his eyes tell me " The big bikes scare me". Imagine your five years old Bryan ( actually it's not hard to imagine ) and you are on the track for the first time. Your about to head through the rhythm section and the bumps are bigger than you and the bike combined... The next thing you hear is a loud pit bike coming up from behind... My little 5 year old is now FREAKING out. Bryan, no matter how cool your being or how cautious you'r being, sometimes it's just the noise of the bigger bikes dude... I have to see and make decisions about the whole track and ALL of the riders on a day by day, case by case basis. I make decisions that fit that day, the week, the month.. AND the set of riders I have on THAT day .. Based on your message, you don't get that! I will make the decisions and the rules about Legends, and if you come back, you will follow them.. Period!

Hope the rest of day get's better bro.

Bart

chris<pixelmonkey>:banana:

Dude you just dont know when to stop.....there's a whole lot more to this, go to www.mostatemx.com to read more. You must like to burn bridges, cause you just burned another one....good job.

Knowing Bart, there is more to this story. I heard you scared the little kids, but I wasn't there. Bart has always been super helpful to me and my son riding there. Sorry for your mishap with Bart, but I will still go there.

Yeah there was 3-4 kids on the track at most. One had already fell in a corner way up ahead of me and I was going to stop and help him but he already had it up and was swinging his leg over it. And the next kid I came up on was doing fine, I slowed way down took the very inside line (the kid went to the far outside) and I went on my way after going slow even after I got by him. Thats the only 2 young ones I passed. Yeah I'm reallll scary!!! If Bart had know the kids were scared of the big bad pit bikes he should of separated them. There was a guy riding in the 50 class when I arrived doubling a bunch of jumps!! I went out in the NEXT 50 practice after the big bikes!! If the kids were scared he should of separated us or put is in another class instead of not saying a word and the letting me roll the track for a lap and flipping S*%* on me for no reason!!!!

And RJ what bridge? Riding at barts little track? Oh my! I'm just heart broken!!! There is plenty other of places to ride that are respectful and nice to everyone. And I've been going to these tracks for years. It's not like I'm hard to get a long with. Bart just can't admit he screwed up because he made an ass out of himself in front of a large crowd. Even if I WOULD of been riding hard with the kids who's fault would it of been that ANY pitbikes was out there to begin with huh? Yeah Barts fault.

Hey scar I've been to legends many times and I've never,ever seen Bart do anything like you discribe. Only a smile and concern how your doing. He truely cares for the younger kids that ride. Sorry you had a bad time there but don't trash the guy on a open forum. Bart is a great guy.

As for the sproutpatch they took a steamroller to it instead of a disk lol. But had a good layout.

This Bart guy sounds like he needs a good ol country a$$ whoopin! You would think if he was so concerned about the kids he would not be screaming f bombs over and over at this guy in the middle of the "50 practice" in front of all the people in the stands and then afterwards in the parking lot. Screw that place, and I'll share this story with all my friends and family also!

• Like 1

I would have to agree with skyman.....don't embarass someone in front of everyone, he could have easily have pulled him to the side and talked to him like an adult instead of screaming obscenities for everyone at the track to hear (especially all the youngsters). You won't see me at Legends ever again.

• Like 1

Guy's, you have the right to go where ever you want, but if you believe everything you read on a forum, from a upset rider, well i dont know what to tell ya. I was there and that is not how it went down....not at all. And Bart did talk to the nephews father and he said all is good and holds no hard feeling's with bart. So believe what you want but there is usually two sides, to every story....and there is with this one.

And yes i am good friends with Bart, the owner of Legends,but if it was as bad as this guy says he would be on his own, but it wasn't.

You can read more about it on www.mostatemx.com go to pit talk

And this is how this guy has handled himself in the past, he likes to fly off the handle without thinking.

http://www.xcracing.com/mostatemx/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14140

Sounds like ol' freeride got his little feelings hurt. Like I told you before put down the shovel, you're not making any friends by pissing on people. You've never had an "off" day??? There is a lot of wisdom in Mr. Wohlbergs post, I suggest you guys who jump in with this guy get the other side of the story. In my experience Bart calls it how he sees it. RJ you're the man stepping up over here and defending Mr. Hobbs!!

All this crying that has gone on is hurting the pitbike riders and real racers a bad name to the tracks and people that my want to get involved in riding or racing pitbikes to think twice about keeping what the missouri series has accomplised thus far. It's growing every single year. But it takes just one to ruin it for all.

Help it grow not send it the way of other events that have declined.

Rj is an icon of Missouri Mx and Bart is human like we all are. But he stepped up said his piece. I back Bart just like 99% of all the other riders that really know him.

And I want to ask all on here the keep drey moss in their prayers as he will need them after breaking his back and 4 ribs. Get well drey.

Guy's, you have the right to go where ever you want, but if you believe everything you read on a forum, from a upset rider, well i dont know what to tell ya. I was there and that is not how it went down....not at all. And Bart did talk to the nephews father and he said all is good and holds no hard feeling's with bart. So believe what you want but there is usually two sides, to every story....and there is with this one.

And yes i am good friends with Bart, the owner of Legends,but if it was as bad as this guy says he would be on his own, but it wasn't.

You can read more about it on www.mostatemx.com go to pit talk

And this is how this guy has handled himself in the past, he likes to fly off the handle without thinking.

I'm not that upset, I'm just telling people what happened. So can you tell me exactly what Bart and I said? I had my bike running the whole time and was polite with him. The only thing the crowd heard is when he flipped out and started yelling at me for "arguing" when I didn't even get a word in. I was just trying to tell him I didn't do anything wrong. :lol: But he's the one who wouldn't stay calm and listen and cussed like a sailor in front of everyone then proceeded to follow me to my truck and do it in front of my own family.

And Bart only called my family back after I called him out on the forum about it.

And everything was cool with me and Bart before in the old thread your referring too. Yeah I was pissed because he said they was practicing and the gate was locked. I found out the circumstances and told him my bad and get well. So whatever dude.

And T719 this has nothing to do with pitbikes doing anything wrong or hurting your pit bike series. This doesn't concern you at all.:banana:

And thanks for the Support guys, it's good to know some people understand where I'm coming from. Yeah this Bart guy may have always been nice to all these people sticking up for him on here. But that doesn't mean its ok that he flipped out on me and my family and we should just forget about it. Yeah everyone gets pissed every now and then. But you shouldn't take it out on anyone. Much less someone who didn't do anything wrong and was trying to be nice to you.

I have never been to Legends, never met Bart, and dont think I'll ever make it there. But I tell you I wish I could go there. Because anybody that can get under one persons skin the way he is under freerides I need to meet. I dont know what happened and dont care I just love these internet soaps. Sorry if I sound cheap but what can I say.

Let's see.....one day the track was closed and Bart did not mention that it would be closed because he got hurt. Then comes along this guy from Brighton who went to the track and found it was closed....then he posts his anger about it being closed...nothing like jumping the gun on his part before finding out the facts. Now this makes me think that he also JUMPED the gun on Bart on that day that he got yelled at because he said to Bart that his bike is a 50 and did not probably hear Bart tell him EARLIER that there are kids on the track that are afraid of his loud bike. So he has to post his ANGER once more to prove what? That he is ONE of those idiots that like to post crap to get people from not riding at Legends because he is pi$$ed off...you have a choice...ride there again or not ride there...that is your choice and to post quick judgement upon a person on how you feel instead of BEING a man and confront the person and get the FACTS is being an idiot in my book. Seems to me that you got your feelings hurt...GROW UP!!