Australia New Zealand riders ?

Many from New Zealand use this site ?

Hi, first time on TT and new to trail riding.

Thumper Talk seems like a great resourse to use, for the old hands and 'us newbies' :banana:

I enjoy the organised trail rides (eg Suzuki Trails) when I get a chance, but looking for other places to ride when time allows.

Any suggestions for places to ride in South Canterbury ? I often go to the Opihi River near Temuka, but thats getting a bit lame now, any suggestions ?

Great to get back onto a bike, a bit older now though (hurts more now when I fall), Im learning again on a drz400e, quite forgiving to a learner.

Cheers,

akiwi

Edited by akiwi

Hi akiwi, just joined TT, looking for some inspiration on places to ride too - except i'm up the other end of the country. If you hear of any good trails up this way.....drop us a line.

cheers

I've been on TT for a bit now and I do mostly MX riding at local practice tracks and a bit of racing. We seem to have a fairly big motorcycle club here in Marlborough and there are quite a few events around the area. If either of you get the DRD magazine (I used to buy it a bit) it has a page on events happening all across the country if you are after organised trail rides or fun days. As for just finding places to go out riding, maybe you could ask at your bike dealerships? They might have some ideas.

Many from New Zealand use this site ?

Hi, first time on TT and new to trail riding.

Thumper Talk seems like a great resourse to use, for the old hands and 'us newbies' :thumbsup:

I enjoy the organised trail rides (eg Suzuki Trails) when I get a chance, but looking for other places to ride when time allows.

Any suggestions for places to ride in South Canterbury ? I often go to the Opihi River near Temuka, but thats getting a bit lame now, any suggestions ?

Great to get back onto a bike, a bit older now though (hurts more now when I fall), Im learning again on a drz400e, quite forgiving to a learner.

Cheers,

akiwi

South Canterbury eh, what's it like for trail riding down there? I'm heading down to Christchurch at the end of the year.

Just had a heap of Kiwis (14) up here (PNG).

Damn those sheep shaggers could ride. Gave that young fella Tom McCormack a run for his money too, he turned 19 while here.

Wayne Jennings of NZ came in first over the 2 days.

If those few are anything to go on, the sport is alive and well in the land of the long white cloud.

Edited by BradinLae

South Canterbury eh, what's it like for trail riding down there? I'm heading down to Christchurch at the end of the year.

Pretty good bro, when you come down hit me up and we'll organise a ride at the waimakariri river.

Pretty good bro, when you come down hit me up and we'll organise a ride at the waimakariri river.

Will do, if I haven't sold my bike by then, a baby on the way may strain finances!

checking in riding cr125 around auckland / waikato

Just moved to wellington if anyone's around this area...would rather not go out on my own to some of these places i'm reading about.

Just moved to wellington if anyone's around this area...would rather not go out on my own to some of these places i'm reading about.

Head to Karipoti, its got people there and you could jump in with ones of the groups. We head up most sundays.

Oh really. Thanks for the heads up!

Could I possibly head up and meet you there some time?

Just checked this on google...Karapoti road right? This seems to be a dead end? is this that start of an enduro type trail?

Yeah it ends in a dead end, I think I spelt it wrong. It ends with a pretty big car park and leads into the pine/native forest that is full of tracks. Its got some pretty awesome trail riding, check out the map before you go in. We may or may not be out there sunday. Look for the dudes with old shitty 2 strokes (my YZ, a KTM 300, and and Kawasaki hybrid) and even shitter utes. If we aren't there heaps of other dudes will be, just ask if you can ride with them.

The Eyre River is an awesome place to ride. Basicly Ride there daily because its only about 2km up the road from my house. Had some good crashes there too but its usually pretty laid back. Also made some bush trails in the forests there so theres always stuff to do and plus if ya get bored just ride it the other way!

The Eyre River is an awesome place to ride. Basicly Ride there daily because its only about 2km up the road from my house. Had some good crashes there too but its usually pretty laid back. Also made some bush trails in the forests there so theres always stuff to do and plus if ya get bored just ride it the other way!

Where about's is that? is it in the Wellington region?

nah the Eyre river is in north canterbury, not far from Rangiora.

Nice, I move down to West Melton in December, I will have to check that one out.

Yeah Bro..... well not anymore living on the GC, still if your in the Waikato head out to Kimmy's MX track and Trails, haven't been there for a few years but they still have a website

http://www.kimmys.co.nz/

Still some good places to ride over here....

Nice, I move down to West Melton in December, I will have to check that one out.

Yeah ya should. you can ride from down where it joins up with the waimak all the way into the hills. Ive never gotten Further than about 5kms up from Oxford because i wouldnt have enough fuel to get back but the higher you go the rougher it gets.