Sign in to follow this  

06 Drz400sm with Dynojet problems.. help?

i can find tons of info on jetting with jd jets... but nothing with dynojet, i have the 3x3 and full exhaust, so i did the recommended 155 main and then fuel mixture screw 3.5out 2nd clip on needle and what do you know.. runs like crap.

the exhaust pops throughout the rpms and at low rpm if i crack the throttle it either dies or hesitates before revving. any help?

and i don't have the quick adjust fuel mixture thing yet either but i ordered it after burning the crap out of my hand trying to adjust the stock screw while the bike was running.

any help would be GREATLY appreciated..

the main jet needs to be a 160.

clip 2 is fine,but you need to make sure all the washers and spacer are intact and in the correct order.

also make sure the fingers that hold the needle retainer are all intact and not broken.

25 pilot jet is needed with the stock fuel screw,but the stock 22.5 works fine with the extended screw.

lastly make sure the vacuum line is connected to the petcock.

Thanks a lot, i ended up doing the 25 pilot and then getting the fuel screw as well, was still running a little lean so I went to the 3rd clip on the needle and now it runs great, doesn't even pop when i'm slowing down or anything.