Sign in to follow this  

bought new 08 450x

I bought a new 08 on Saturday. I currently have an 09 YZ250 (smoker) and have had several ktm thumpers. I have a few questions that have been answered over and over I am sure but I spent some time in the search function and now am impatient.

I usually by the FMF Q or the powercore. Would either of these be acceptable for the X?

Does the 08 need a full liter in the tranny?

Will and 08 CRF left side foot peg holder work for kickstand removal?

What spacer do I need for odometer removal?

Has anyone used the turn tech battery in their 450X?

Looking forward to a new experience on the X. I decided not to go with another KTM and give the big X a try. I will be racing harescrambles and occasionally riding it on the mx track once all of the mods including the suspension gets done. (trading off with the yz) I will probably try a couple of No. Nevada desert races considering I have an insane buddy that wants to race the 11 Baja 500. Thanks folks

I bought a new 08 on Saturday. I currently have an 09 YZ250 (smoker) and have had several ktm thumpers. I have a few questions that have been answered over and over I am sure but I spent some time in the search function and now am impatient.

I usually by the FMF Q or the powercore. Would either of these be acceptable for the X?

Looking forward to a new experience on the X. I decided not to go with another KTM and give the big X a try. I will be racing harescrambles and occasionally riding it on the mx track once all of the mods including the suspension gets done. (trading off with the yz) I will probably try a couple of No. Nevada desert races considering I have an insane buddy that wants to race the 11 Baja 500. Thanks folks

I'm new to this as well as me and my brother also picked up our 08's on saturday :banana:

But I do know that Flatland has an odometer spacer that seems to be highly regarded for ~$30.

just ordered the flatland spacer and a turntech battery. looking for input on the fmf tiQ4

just ordered the flatland spacer and a turntech battery. looking for input on the fmf tiQ4

Full exhaust? Or can only??

Look up MRD Racing Exhausts.... best BANG for the buck!! Best warranty in the business... and best customer service this side of the local brothel. :banana:

An o5 r muffler bolts right up. Just another option. I got one works great. Jd kit open airbox and your set. I put a full quart in tranny side . Have fun your going to love this bike.

Yes the FMF is applicable for the 08 X, local dealer should have a tucker rockey catalog that is most likely to have it, if not its on the internet somewhere. I know for sure about the Q not sure about the powercore

Yes full liter in tranny...

Havent heard anything about the footpeg holder. Might want to make a seperate post more specific about it, never seen anything about it here.

Odometer spacer was covered.

Yes on the turn tech, always a must if you got the cash and need for it, lost of good feedback on the turn techs around the 450x forum from what ive seen have fun :banana: