Sign in to follow this  

silicone spray/wd 40

Just wondering if anyone else uses this after a wash, i found on my 05 kato i traded for the burg had very well preserved alloy, swing arm eng ect which im pretty sure was from always coating it in crc (wd-40) preventing oxadising and stains from the red clay here, n silocone spray on hoses n plastics.. the areas i missed like under the tank under swing arm all looked alot more "used".. Which now leads to my new washing methods of laying the bike on its side to wash underneith aswell, mabe kind of obvious but just never really thought of doing it, so far has been keeping this clean really well!! I have always been pretty padantic about my bikes but did lead to very good resale on the ktm so i think.. why not!? :banana: I have always used presure washers (carefully) but i noticed in the manual it says not to, for obvious reasons on a efi or eithen na bike.. Is there anyone here not using presure washers for this reason?

It works well. Even before a muddy ride to keep the mud from sticking as much. Covering the bike in a thick layer of wheel bearing grease works too if you run out of WD.

i have seen guys cover there bikes in gafa tape too to keep the mud of! interseting tech on the grease kball! I forgot to mention in my post about the cons of crc/silocone spray during summer, it seems to atract alot of the dust, the berg will be covered where my mates will still be clean.. mabe i should go in front!! But even still, im sure you could imagine in the dust how this effect would happen, Do you think it would be detrimental on really any moving parts on the bike.. It still will wash 100% easier after a ride, and the comment i made about the alloy, being a pourous metal it must prevent any soak up/ staining of the part, which in the long run can real bonus on the look of your ride..