Sign in to follow this  

'03 kx 250 kips help?

I am in the process of putting my 2003 kx 250 back together after replacing crank bearings and top end. I borrowed a manual but turns out it is for a 2000 and the kips is different. Did not find much info when searched. Can anyone help me out with re-assembly/timing of this kips power valve?

Thanks.:banana:

I am in the process of putting my 2003 kx 250 back together after replacing crank bearings and top end. I borrowed a manual but turns out it is for a 2000 and the kips is different. Did not find much info when searched. Can anyone help me out with re-assembly/timing of this kips power valve?

Thanks.:banana:

i got a service manual for the 03, pm me your email address.:lol:

As far as the timing goes. On the two exhaust valves that slide in the bottom there should be one tooth on each of the gears that is smaller than the rest, that tooth should be facing forward on both gears. When you install the governor rod there should be little timing marks on it that you want to line up with the small tooth on the gear and that will be the correct timing. Then of course make sure it operates smoothly before you put it back on. This will give you an idea of the order of stuff going together.

%5BKX250-M1%5D%20--%20%5BCYLINDER%20HEAD-CYLINDER%5D.gif