Sign in to follow this  

Michelin AC10 tires

:banana:

anyone have experience with these tires? They are a dualsport knobby. I am thinking about buying some to replace my old tires on my 1997 XR600. They look like a great tire to me, and are DOT approved, so I can ride on pavement legally(my XR is plated, its easy in Idaho). Lots of the places I want to ride this summer, I could just ride there on the county roads or highway, so I will be putting in some slab time, but 80% of my riding will be various trails and hard packed dirt roads, like Forest Service roads. I would also like a tire that deals with rocks well, as Idaho is rocky. Somehow I always get into rocks sooner or later, the buggers. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Hi

I have a 1996 xr 600 and it came with AC10's and I didn't like them, OK in dry conditions, but on hard slab rock and on the road the front would try to let go with out warning, using full mx tyres not a slip anywhere.

But I do live in wet old Wales UK, as a road legal tyres they do have a good tread pattern.

I use em on my 97 XR600r and like them. I sometimes commute 100 miles roundtrip to work, and they do fine on the frwy @ 70+mph, and do pretty good in the dirt too. They wear great too. Im actually using a D606 on the rear (AC10 frt), but prior to that, Ive gone through 3 rear tires. Pretty good tire, I had 'O' issues with them

Thanks for the replies :banana:

I use em on my 97 XR600r and like them. I sometimes commute 100 miles roundtrip to work, and they do fine on the frwy @ 70+mph, and do pretty good in the dirt too. They wear great too. Im actually using a D606 on the rear (AC10 frt), but prior to that, Ive gone through 3 rear tires. Pretty good tire, I had 'O' issues with them

What are "O" issues? I was actually looking at putting a D606 on the rear, its my first choice, but it does not come in the 110/100M-18 that is stock. What is your setup? I am very intrested, as I would definitely consider changing things up so I can use this tire. I want my XR to be the best it can be, and am willing to spend the dough to get it there.

The AC10 Mitchy is a decent tire for dry conditions,the front is a little narrow for a big thumper though.

The AC10 Mitchy is a decent tire for dry conditions,the front is a little narrow for a big thumper though.

What would you recommend? I want DOT approved if I can, but I think that I may have to go MX to get the kind of off road performance I need? I was looking at a Dunlop 952 for the front, but they are not DOT approved :banana:

Thanks for the replies :banana:

What are "O" issues? I was actually looking at putting a D606 on the rear, its my first choice, but it does not come in the 110/100M-18 that is stock. What is your setup? I am very intrested, as I would definitely consider changing things up so I can use this tire. I want my XR to be the best it can be, and am willing to spend the dough to get it there.

Meaning they were very good with no problems. No flats, pinched tubes, good traction on/off road and good wear = 0 issues.

I just happened to get the D606 130/90 18 (rear) last time to try something different> It aint bad either.

My set up is pretty much a stock plated 97 XR600r. It has: Clarke 4.7gal tank. Pro Taper CR high bend bars, Works Connection frame guards & clutch perch w/hot start, 91 CR500 USD Frt end, Excel rims frt/rear. Talon hub rear. Stock rear shock. Old Baja D HD chain guide, Billet rear disc guard w/brake mount, Engine 'uncorked': UNI filter, jetting, Pro Circuit silencer, Baja Designs kit w/custom HID headlight from 08 Infinity G35. Im using Garmin 60cx GPS for speedo/odo. More info in 'my garage'