Sign in to follow this  

Lowering links

Question about a lowering link are they longer or shorter than the standard dog bone? When one is fitted how much do they lower the bike by?? Do you lose any suspension quality??

Reason I ask these Qs is by the end of a day out and Im knackered the height of the bike makes it all the more tiring to get it going with the kick and when straddling a rocky section getting the foot down is almost impossible:bonk: Compared to the DRZ I had it feels a good inch or more higher

The XRs have two linkage parts; the "dog bone" thing attaches to the swing arm and shock, and Honda calls it an "Arm". The second part Honda calls a "Rod", a longer rod will lower the bike. Sometimes you can use a rod from a different year/model, so more info about the year/model of your bike would help.

2003 xr400

1985 xr350

:banana:

Sorry this means???

Looked under my 2003 XR

All i see is a dog bone the rest is all fixed stuff

Best picture I have available:

LinkageArms.jpg

As you can see the linkage has two parts; a "dog bone" shaped part on the left and a "rod". on the right

Beginning at the left of the picture; the first item is the arm and the first hole attaches to the top of the swing arm.

The next hole at the top of the arm is the attach point for the the shock.

The left hole is the connection to the rod.

On the right is the rod which connects the arm to the frame.

Another view, second from left is the late XR250 linkage:

RearLinkagesCR80_.jpg