Sign in to follow this  

06 yz125 may have 05 forks?

I am looking at a 2006 YZ125 that was used very little looks nearly brand new $2000, my concern is that it looks as if the front end was swaped from an 05 it has the older style solid bar mount top clamp and an older style hardpack tire on the front, the rear has a 756 that still looks nearly new, They have an 05 yz 250 also that they may have swaped front ends?

$2000 for a nearly new 2006 seems like a steel just not sure if I can accept that it has the older front end?

Can you elaborate on the top clamp a little more? And what front tire is on there now? Have any pictures?

$2000 is a decent price but not a steal. I paid $2400 for my 2006 last summer and it was mint...drove up to Michigan to get it.

Top clamp bar mounts are not removable they are part of the top clamp, 06 and up are removable and rotatable i think

Hmmm...take a closer look. Mine look like they are part of the upper clamp but actually have a bolt through them that can be seen under the clamp. However, if they are rotatable, I don't see how mine would change if I rotated them 180 degrees??? It looks like the bars would be in the exact same position if I rotated the clamps. I haven't seen an 05 or older model so I can't compare.