Sign in to follow this  

YZ250 fork height

Just gotta say, a small adjustment on the fork height made a hugh difference in stability. Went from having the marks 5mm above the top of the clamps to even. Bike went from very twitch to plain stable. Wow!

With the mark 5mm above it seemed like the front wheel would not want to come back to center. Bike was nervous. Now at even, I can totally relax my grip and focus elswhere on the ride.

I know it has been posted before (many times), but just repeating for those like me who have not messed with it.

06 yz250

greensboro nc

I run mine about 5mm down in the clamps and love it. Works great for the track and cruising around the desert.

Just gotta say, a small adjustment on the fork height made a hugh difference in stability. Went from having the marks 5mm above the top of the clamps to even. Bike went from very twitch to plain stable. Wow!

With the mark 5mm above it seemed like the front wheel would not want to come back to center. Bike was nervous. Now at even, I can totally relax my grip and focus elswhere on the ride.

I know it has been posted before (many times), but just repeating for those like me who have not messed with it.

06 yz250

greensboro nc

My '05 feels the same way as yours did. My forks are 5mm over right now, but I'm going to lower them to even and see if I get the same result as you. I hope so, the bike feels very nervous.