Sign in to follow this  

bike under water

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I was riding my CRF 450 yesterday when i thought i was going through a puddle. ended up being three feet deep. I went over the handle bars and the bike was completley sumbmerged for a couple seconds.

What should i do??

start cleaning, and drain/change all fluids + fuel/airfilter also drain carb and change spark plug, make sure there is no water in cyl (kick over fewtimes with sparkplug out). should be good to go.

I agree completely, drain everything and kick over several times with the spark plug out. Once is starts and you run it for awhile change the oil again and inspect the oil filter. more than likely there will still be alot of moisture in the engine. good luck :banana:

I sank my 250 quad under water 2 times last year. I was really worried both times that I would have to pay to fix it. Nope. I got it out with some help and it started up and I rode it. NO problems at all. But it might be diffrent with a dirt bike.

check the post on 450x forum. worst day ever by justin hambleton....must see all the photos of contamination in the engine

Thanks for the help guys, cleaned everything out and it fired right up, after a couple kicks.

check the post on 450x forum. worst day ever by justin hambleton....must see all the photos of contamination in the engine

link?

DUDE! haha reading your post was like reading something that i would've just typed myself. the same thing happened to me just this past saturday but luckily my bike just stuck in the mud and remained upright with the airbox above the water. disassembled everything and cleaned her up. glad your bike's good to ride another day.