Sign in to follow this  

California Stonyford ride report...

Yesterday Stonyford was amazing ride and conditions. Still lots of snow didn't make it up to Goat Mountain but very close, which included going around fallen trees with a group of 4x4 quads that were in the area and moving a couple of trees :banana:.

We did a nice loop and finally ran down Sullivan to Little Stony to barrow a clutch lever. A gentlemen mentioned that he had a head on going up Cracker Box and later during the day the same guy who hit this gentlemen plowed in to a kid and both were choppered out. Be safe everyone as we are all getting cramped in to the same riding areas :lol:.

I pray for the 2 injured and hope all is well with a fast recovery.

Wow that's a bummer.

I am glad to here there is good riding at stony. I would like to get some riding up there. How much snow is on the ground and at what elevation?

Just wow. You would think you would slow it down with already getting in one tangle. :banana:

That just sucks! I'm pretty new to dirt biking and an idiot like the guy described is my worst nightmare. I sure hope the kid is okay. Not to be a jerk, but I hope the other guy has some time to think about his actions before he gets back on a bike.

How much snow is up there? Can you get a couple days of 50+ mile days in on good trails or is it still to early for that? Thank you. We really need Clear Creek to re-open so we have more places to ride at this time of year

How much snow is up there? Can you get a couple days of 50+ mile days in on good trails or is it still to early for that? Thank you. We really need Clear Creek to re-open so we have more places to ride at this time of year
I hear you on CC :banana:.... But the snow level was at about 5,000ft and yes a 50 mile loop would be no problem. Little Stony, Davis Flats and the day use was all open with some awesome riding. We had a blast at the Hornet Nest and everything over at trail 27-28 after we came down little Sullivan sliding all the way to the bottom :lol:...

I was there with all those guys in the snow. IT was the best day trip ever. I did not want to come home. Its been awhile due to all the rain and closures, so we hit it hard. very sore today. The trails were great alot of downed trees and branches. Also rode trail 01 to willson camp to trail 09, didnt seem like anybody had been there in awhile. 2+ feet of snow uptop!

I was there with all those guys in the snow. IT was the best day trip ever. I did not want to come home. Its been awhile due to all the rain and closures, so we hit it hard. very sore today. The trails were great alot of downed trees and branches. Also rode trail 01 to willson camp to trail 09, didnt seem like anybody had been there in awhile. 2+ feet of snow uptop!
Yeah you were, that was me that thought i made it past your 2009 CRF450R in the snow, you had me by 2ft. I was all pissed off hahahaha.... Your buddy had the Yamaha right... It was awesome we did 46 miles and man my new helmet got the shit smacked out of it from all the down trees:bonk:.