Sign in to follow this  

Part out

what you guys think a '04 yz250f could be parted out for? Not including the engine. Dropped a valve, destroyed the head, nicked the cylinder, pistons probably smashed up too.

So excluding the motor. Whats your guess?

Without the motor and considering everything else is useable, I would guess somewhere in the $600-$800 mark.

Darn thats impressive. So if I could pick up a 04 for 3-500 I should do it and I can make some money off it easy?

Once I get the bike ill let you know and maybe we can work something out. If I get the bike really.

I parted out my 2004 for about $2000 on e-bay minus the motor, wheels and swingarm.

That is pretty impressive, was it torn down and sold in 05 or 06 or was this recent? Just wondering, I see parts on evil-bay going for dirt cheap right now. Two years ago rear wheels were going for $250+ and now you can pick one up for under a $100. I'm just throwing this out there and maybe intensim1rider is a ebay wizard or something, but I don't see everything going for $2000. Maybe $600-$800 is a low estimate on my part, but used parts are going for cheap right now, even more so when we take the engine out of the picture.

I dont think I could get 2000 out of t but I think even if I paid 500 for the bike it seems i could make some money. Im hoping to get it for 300 though.

I would slap it back together and fix it but it sounds too far gone to me honestly. Maybe ill price it out before I go selling it off but even together and running there a hard sale. Had to let me '03 yz450 go for 1500 because of lack of interest.

I had an advantage because the frame was freshly powder coated, the suspension was re-valved by rg3 and I rebuilt it just before selling, so that right there was $800 between the suspension and the frame. The rest of the small stuff really adds up!! I am an e-bay wizard though.

I managed to take that $2000 and build up a 2008 with about $100 left over haha.

I can get the bike for 400. I found a complete head and a cylinder for 465 shipped. I could put it together get it running and sell it. I think that might be the better option. Much less work and can still turn a profit. Should be able to sell it for 1500. Ill have under 900 invested.