Sign in to follow this  

Would like a couple opinions

Hey what's going on? Quick question, I have a 05 "s" and recently decided to put the rear sprocket up 2 teeth (Making it 46)in the back for more grunt. I don't know if I regret it or not but before I say I do I would like your say....what's a safe speed to cruise on the street with in 5th gear with this gearing? I just don't wanna be cruising at "x" speed and then you guys say that's to fast or slow and may hurt the bike etc. Thanks alot much appreciated. P.s. I did try searching

I have an 'S' that runs 14/47 since I can't resist the urge to scope out any and all trails I ride by. I find that 62 to 65 MPH is a decent cruise speed that doesn't seem to have any negative effects on the bike. I can go as high as about 70 before I feel I'm pushing it. I've taken quite a few 100 mile trips loaded down with camping gear and no problems. I'd say you can do 68 to 74 with no problems. The way I look at it, less speed will equal less painful abrasion burns when it's my turn to lay the bike down on pavement. Plus, riding my "S" is so dang fun I ain't in no hurry to get where I'm going.

Edited by jsc632000
mistake

IMO i would rather over rev the Z then bogg the sucker. i dont have that set up but from expirence i would have to say 60-65 vwould be the sweet spot.

Yea that's what I been cruising at give or take. Awesome I do appreciate the prompt responses from you guys