Sign in to follow this  

For the guys with a turntech 7.5ah

Where did you mount it? The battery does not fit well in the battery box, and the battery seems to large to fit in the airbox. Pics or any advise would be great. Thanks.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic would you? The terminals on my battery are reversed from the stock one. I don't think that the positive terminal would reach and i am concerned about the shrink wrap on the battery getting cut.

I mounted it upside down so the positive terminal would be on the left. I then made some extensions with 10 gauge wire and ring terminals. I used 2 extensions per battery terminal to ensure I would have adeuate current carrying capability.

It hangs out the back of the battery box about the same as Eddies superstart battery did. I have not had tire contact issues since putting it in this position.

If Joe ever makes cases for these batteries I will buy one...but the only reason will be for aesthetics purposes.

joe made mine reversed so i returned it and he corrected it.put in stock battery box using original strap.it bows a little bit but seems to work ok.

I mounted it upside down so the positive terminal would be on the left. I then made some extensions with 10 gauge wire and ring terminals. I used 2 extensions per battery terminal to ensure I would have adeuate current carrying capability.

It hangs out the back of the battery box about the same as Eddies superstart battery did. I have not had tire contact issues since putting it in this position.

If Joe ever makes cases for these batteries I will buy one...but the only reason will be for aesthetics purposes.

Are your terminals hanging out the bottom of the battery box?

Yup. Since they are so tall...I found this as one way to keep them from interfering with the plastic...plus it oriented the terminals to the correct side of the battery...but I still needed to extend both cables.