Sign in to follow this  

Why are whips so darn cool?

in my opinion whips are the coolest looking "tricks" you can do in freestyle and motocross. it is an art that i never get tired of looking at.

so if you agree with me tell your view

and if you disagree then tell me why...

if you think this is better described through picture or video go for it... i know that asking for pictures is in the wrong little sticky area... but o well... move my post if you would like MODS

I agree, a fatty whip where they are laying that bike on it's side is so much better then any back flip combo bullshit trick I've ever seen.

Isn't a whip, in a race, userd to see the landing of a jump? If so, that's pretty cool.

A whip was cool for freestyle, in 1995 or so. I went to see the nuclear cowboys show with my kids and even they asked why all the riders were doing the same whip trick. For freestyle, a whip should not even be a trick anymore, it is boring compared to a flip or basically anything else.

I was almost more excited for best whip in the Xgames as I was best trick. Something about seeing a bike having the back end wrapping around, nose down, rider hanging off and throwing a look at you is just amazing.

these days it seems that doing a big whip... or a turn down like lots of freestylers do.... is more hairy then some of the backflip combos that they do because they do them 3000 times a month... the whip is becoming a lost art that i think is very underrated... i love going to the track and seeing someone lay out a big whip or scrub because i know its a sign of someone having fun on their dirtbike.... and it gives me that good feeling within myself.... a whip is one of those style adders that says what is up! to everyone watching... a backflip nack nack or backflip heel clicker etc.... is cool dont get me wrong... but if i were a judge at a contest... extra points go to the dude who throws down the biggest whip... the whip contest at the x games.... best thing to happen to the x games in a long time... only reason i even watched... well besides supermoto and mx... they are pretty tight... i dont like watching freestyle... its just the same old stuff.... to sum it all up... whips are THE SHIT:worthy::banana:

I was almost more excited for best whip in the Xgames as I was best trick. Something about seeing a bike having the back end wrapping around, nose down, rider hanging off and throwing a look at you is just amazing.

So true, I enjoyed best whip quite a bit more than best trick. I'd rather watch Potter whip it than loza do his electric death or whatever he calls it.

Whatever this is called.... its awesome. A whip, and a lot more

08_oct_05-matt_schubring-aust-fmx-1.jpg

That is just not natural. It looks like he could knee himself in the back of the head! :banana:

I have no idea how to do a whip and that is the only trick I'd like to learn....but at 38, well...the consequences of landing sideways can be brutal. I suprised the crap out of myself last year when trying a small whip that turned out to be a pretty good one (according to a buddy riding behind me)..but forgot to pull it back for touchdown.