Sign in to follow this  

Question on new clutch springs

I have an 01 yz250. I was looking at clutch kits and the say "heavy duty" springs. I am hoping this will not effect clutch pull. I really like how easy my clutch lever is to squeeze. Will heavy duty springs make my clutch lever harder to pull?

thanks in advance

Dave

Yes - in most cases - hence the name "Heavy". I am like you and prefer stock clutch springs.

It works really well if you use every other spring in the set. Alternate a heavy, then a light. All hd springs can make the pull much harder.

Wasn't there a thread where a guy was using all HD springs and he kept on breaking push rods?

Maybe something else to consider

another thing as well, when have you ever seen a stock yz clutch in good working order slip? I've never heard of it, even with the 300 kits... So why would you even want HD springs?

Something I'm missing here?

Wasn't there a thread where a guy was using all HD springs and he kept on breaking push rods?

Maybe something else to consider

another thing as well, when have you ever seen a stock yz clutch in good working order slip? I've never heard of it, even with the 300 kits... So why would you even want HD springs?

Something I'm missing here?

thanks to all who have responded. I do not want to run HD springs but have not found any aftermarket clutch kits with regular springs. I guess I will have to go with oem parts.