Sign in to follow this  

Can we get an RMX-450Z forum?

It's just a matter of time before the RMX-450z replaces the DRZ-400.

RMX450ZL0_Right_Side_LoRes.jpg

just picked mine up today cant wait to ride it!

Have you picked up the Yosh "Cherry Bomb" and pulled the throttle limiter yet?

I just ordered the cherry bomb fmf exhaust ims tank and scotts stablizer mounts so hopefully I will get this stuff soon. I am also going to see how many parts i can take off my 06 and put on the rmx I will post pics soon

just picked mine up today cant wait to ride it!

Please tell!!! I may be buying one soon. I'd like to know how it is.

BTW what part of NV do you live in. I'd like to see your bike in action if possible, before I make up my mind.

The bike is great so far. I only rode it down the street stock and then I put the cherry bomb on so I dont really have much to say about how it is stock except that throttle stop sucked. I rode the bike over the weekend and liked it. I didnt really push it too much just took it easy for the first ride. Did manage to break the rear disc guard off. The power is great and really smooth. Still will take a little getting use to coming from my 06 rmz. Also I need to set the bike up for me being 6'5 I would like to put some lowered pegs tall seat and some different bar mounts on it. If you would like to meet up to check it out let me know. I live out by that new shooting range on Decatur.

The bike is great so far. I only rode it down the street stock and then I put the cherry bomb on so I dont really have much to say about how it is stock except that throttle stop sucked. I rode the bike over the weekend and liked it. I didnt really push it too much just took it easy for the first ride. Did manage to break the rear disc guard off. The power is great and really smooth. Still will take a little getting use to coming from my 06 rmz. Also I need to set the bike up for me being 6'5 I would like to put some lowered pegs tall seat and some different bar mounts on it. If you would like to meet up to check it out let me know. I live out by that new shooting range on Decatur.

I'm in Reno, so I'm taking it that you're in the Vegas area? If so, I don't think we'll be meeting anytime soon.

If I can get my financing in order, I'm gonna just buy it.

It's just a matter of time before the RMX-450z replaces the DRZ-400.

RMX450ZL0_Right_Side_LoRes.jpg

Huh?

Except for it only goes 45 miles before running out of gas, is not DOT legal in anyway, has no cush hub or clutch for street use, has no oil shelves in the transmission for constant rpm and flat terrain riding, is geared too low, is geared to close, is too loud, and is too tall for the average DS'er.

Krannie,

You're referring to an RMZ450. The DRZ doesn't have a cush drive either.

The tank of the DRZ is equal in size to the aftermarket IMS tank, which fits the RMX frame beautifully.

I can dual sport the RMZ, as I dont have an RMX, for 3 hours on the alloy tank. Which is good already.

I must confess I have a throttle restriction in the injection body, but even with that, it wheelies in every gear.

It is DOT legal here in Europe, which has stringent environmental rules, just like California.

I drive a CE certified European exhaust from LeoVince, which is absolutely legal.

The frame ergonomics are absolutely right for me, as I come from 5 years DRZetting.

I'm an average guy regarding length. My shorter friend test drove it in terrain and he was impressed.

No compaints about not being able to reach to the ground with his feet at all.

About the oil system in the gearbox you may be right. Could you elaborate on that topic a little more please? It is very interesting.

On the other hand, so much is in common with the RMZ450, I don't think there is a need for a new subforum.

Edited by Noppy

Krannie,

You're referring to an RMZ450. The DRZ doesn't have a cush drive either.

The tank of the DRZ is equal in size to the aftermarket IMS tank, which fits the RMX frame beautifully.

I can dual sport the RMZ, as I dont have an RMX, for 3 hours on the alloy tank. Which is good already.

I must confess I have a throttle restriction in the injection body, but even with that, it wheelies in every gear.

It is DOT legal here in Europe, which has stringent environmental rules, just like California.

I drive a CE certified European exhaust from LeoVince, which is absolutely legal.

The frame ergonomics are absolutely right for me, as I come from 5 years DRZetting.

I'm an average guy regarding length. My shorter friend test drove it in terrain and he was impressed.

No compaints about not being able to reach to the ground with his feet at all.

About the oil system in the gearbox you may be right. Could you elaborate on that topic a little more please? It is very interesting.

On the other hand, so much is in common with the RMZ450, I don't think there is a need for a new subforum.

No, I'm talking about the RMX. It can't replace the DRZ, and won't. There is nothing about the RMX that makes it pass US federalization, DOT, or EPA restrictions. That's why Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawi all don't have street legal dirtbikes: it's too big of a cost risk. It's completely different here in the US. There are a handful of states that will allow you to put a license plate on a green-sticker bike, but the number drops every year.

MX transmissions are not designed for level travel at a constant rpm. Motors that are used that way make sure that the transmission shafts get more lubrication by means of oil squirters, or more oil, or oil shelves to keep oil higher up in the transmission before it drops down, etc. This has been an issue on the street legal KTM's, and the CRF450X's that get lots of street miles.

The DRZ now has a cush hub on all the SM models. If you uncork the non SM model and ride it on the street, and ride it hard, you'll need it.

The RMX will replace the DRZ. Don't forget that when the DRZ400 originally came out it wasn't street legal either, a couple years later the S model came out and now that's about all we have (the SM is an S with different wheels). I'm sure that Suzuki could adapt those wheels onto a RMX in a day or two if they wanted.

The DRZ had it's time in the sun and it performed at the highest level. But now the writing is on the wall and soon the DRZ as we know it will be no more.

There is nothing about the RMX that makes it pass US federalization, DOT, or EPA restrictions. There are a handful of states that will allow you to put a license plate on a green-sticker bike, but the number drops every year.

It does pass EPA restrictions and is green stickerable.

California is one of the states that will let you plate a green-stickered bike. Within the last 18 months I bought two green-stickered RMX250s (2 strokes) and both now sport street plates/registration. I played the game by the rules. It does seem daunting if you approach it blindly and ask them how/if it can be done (don't do it) as the average DMV-office clerk does not encounter this often.

It is all in black and white in their procedure: Handbook of Registration Procedures, Paragraph 13.120. I will not go into it here as there it is difficult to do without a hard copy and CHP 888 in front of you, but if someone wants to meet me I will talk you though it all - I live near San Jose, CA.

I believe it can be done with the new RMX450 as it has the same EPA sticker my RMXes have. I am not in a financial position to buy a 450 to prove it - as much as I would like to, and wish I could someday - I like the bike, yet will be content with my 250 for now.

I agree with the above poster re: the viability of the 450 as a dual sport - it is a race bike in heart and not designed/intended for frequent road use and long stretches of pavement; my 250s even less so.

The rmx450z forum is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no! ~ I've got happy feet!! ~ :):banana::lol:

Thanks Brian!

The rmx450z forum is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy days are here again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no! ~ I've got happy feet!! ~ :):banana::lol:

Thanks Brian!

Very good news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::ride::lol::ride::lol::ride: