Sign in to follow this  

Need 2 new rear wheels, 2005 yz250 and 2002 yz125

I'd like to add some paddles to the mix. I'm seeing wheels for other yz's for sale locally. What years of other YZ's use the same rear wheel?

Some wheels here are cheap, but I'll have to check the spokes, roundness and I'll change the bearings just to be sure. A nice 2000 yz125 wheel is for sale here locally, $150

New from warp 9 about $340, fingers crossed I can half that.

thanks

It's not exactly what youre looking for, but I am currently running my 03 125 wheel on my 00..and it works fine

I've been digging around Bikebandit.com. It looks like the YZ125's and YZ250's from 1999 until 2007 use the same wheel.

That gives me many years to pick from, with luck I can find an almost round wheel,lol

• Like 1

The 125 and 250 wheels will switch over, but the rims have a different width. The 250 rim is wider.

I've been digging around Bikebandit.com. It looks like the YZ125's and YZ250's from 1999 until 2007 use the same wheel.
I just love it when people discover the joy of research. :banana: :banana:

(Yamaha Parts Depot is my favorite place for chasing part numbers...

http://www.yamahapartsdepot.com/default.asp)

Pretty soon, Vector is going to be the 'go-to' guy for all things wheels related!

Bravo! :lol:

The 125 and 250 wheels will switch over, but the rims have a different width. The 250 rim is wider.

I haven't bought them yet, this post saved me some grief, thank you

To all the PM's I'll get back to you this weekend, no snow(but still only 40F) in the desert, time to shred for a couple of days.