Sign in to follow this  

Weak Front Brake

The front brake on my 08 yz250f is very weak. It works, but about 50% of what it used to be or should be! It worked fine until I got taken out in a race and the ride who took me out hit my front rotor bending it badly. I finished the race with it like that and am assuming air got in my lines. I replaced the rotor and pads and thats when I noticed it was really weak. My friend and I tried bleeding the system, it didn't seem like any air in the lines though. The fluid didn't shoot out of my caliper like it should though...was kind of dribbling out. Think this is a front master cylinder issue? Or can it be the caliper itself? Ideas anyone?

You could have damaged the caliper by running the race with a bent rotor.

How can I check to see if the caliper is bad before purchasing a new one? I want to be sure it is the caliper and not the master cylinder.

Just trying to avoid having to send one item back to get the other. :thumbsup:

Edited by mari0
Added A little

for one you should never try to bleed brakes in bikes just start at the bottom of the line and tap it towards the top while having a buddy pump the lever . it works the bubbles towards the top . and try taking a zip tie and tying your front brake on for a couple days usually works for me when spongy. than if that dont work you got a bigger problem. try the easy stuff first cuz 9 times outta 10 its simple things causing problems