Sign in to follow this  

which bike?

i rode my friends 150rb yesterday and i have a cr85, but one thing that i like better about my bike is that it gets to speed faster oviously. but the 150r has way more torque then my 85. so im looking to get a 150rb. which bike would you choose?

I used to have an 07 150r. But I just went through a bunch of valve problems. Went to an 09 rm85L (Big wheel) and I love it. Get an rm or kx. Or a yz if you like hard to control motors.

What are you going to use it for? MX, Trails, Scrambles?

What is your size & ability?

It depends on where and what you will be riding on but the 150r is a all over bike it can be used for mx and trail riding, so is the cr85 though (if you like driving 2 strokes on trails.)

do you like adjusting valves and other maintenance

otherwise dont get the 150r

if you cr 85 accelerates quicker thats better isnt it

i like 2 strokes more

If your big enough, I would look at the WR125 or even the KTM 200. I moved to my 200 from a yz 85 and love it. If you are smaller, look at the KX100.

Go ahead and get a nice 125cc MX bike, lower it down some if you are too short to handle it.

Grow into the bike. I have always grown into everything I have ever had, it teaches you alot of respect for your bike and the power it has/damage it can do. I know some guys think the opposite of me, but whatever works for you...

I'm basically just trying to save you money :banana:

I got my 85 when I was his hight and it was perfect. The 125 will be too big, but the 100 will be doable...

okay thanks for the help guys, i always come here for questions and i always get the right answers. my friends dad told me you can get a 85 to a 100 buy just changing out the pistons. so i might do that to save more money.and then ill go to a big bike.

my friends dad told me you can get a 85 to a 100 buy just changing out the pistons.

Wrong!

I agree with bsbell, get a 125, lower it and ride it for a year. Then as you grow and get comfortable, raise it and ride it for a few more years.

yeah if you want to make it a 100 you need a big bore kit

these normally include, bigger piston, rings, circlips, stronger gaskets and a bigger bore cylinder etc