Sign in to follow this  

Honda 2002 cr 450R Locked Up

NEED SOME HELP.

Ok I'm thinking about trading my 2001 CR 125 in for a 2002 CR 450R. The problem is the guy said the water pump went out and it over heated and LOCKED UP on him. What kind of damage and cost can I expect on this bike and should I go ahead with the trade.

PLEASE HELP ANYONE the darn dealers wont tell you squat:banghead:

Ok here is the deal, if all that happened is it got hot and locked up your looking at a Crank shaft, crank bearings, cylinder, piston, complete gasket kit. Now if the piston or rod broke then add the price of a new cylinder head and hope it did hit the inside of the cases. Big bucks no matter how you look at it...

With the 125, at least you have something to ride! With the 450, all you will have for a long time is something that will sit in the garage and need a lot of costly work. Do you want to ride, or do you want to wrench??? Don't do it, unless all you are looking for is a project bike.....

Dont do it man!! i have owned two 450r. Great bikes...however, it is basically a indy car on two wheels, you are talking major bucks to fix.

The early ones had oiling issues with the trans. Might actually be what is going on with this one????