Sign in to follow this  

Bouncing After Landing

I was trying to clear a double yesterday. I was gassing it hard in order to clear it. I would land on top of the double, and then bounce. I would then land on the front tire down in the flat. My suspension has been professionally set for my bike, weight, and MX ability. So I don't think there is a suspension problem. There is no problem when landing on the flat, like coming up short on a table top. What jumping technique could cause a bounce after landing? Thanks.

Did you adjust the rebound? I had the same problem so i went 2 clicks in the front and one in the shock...works better now.

Sounds like your back tire might be hitting the lip of the landing. Try to jump farther and see if that helps.

What your describing is unavoidable. The best way to fix it is to just gas it after the bounce and hope that the bike straightens itself. If it doesnt, bail!!! I tried to ride it out once, and ended up breaking my femur after i was pile drived into the ground... not good, and no fun.

yea from what you described sounds like you just need to jump a little farther.

As others have said, this is common if you come up a little short on a double. I've been lucky enough to ride it out, except the one time my bike "piled drived" me into the ground. Fortunately, I didn't break anything, but I needed help to load my bike.

:banana:

Commit.....

Sounds like to me you need to be on the gas when you land. Being on the gas when you land softens the landing and helps you ride away smoothly if you come up short. Use the clutch to modulate the power when you land so you don't have too much and squirt the bike out from under you. It takes very little pull on the clutch lever to slip the clutch enough to calm the bike down, hope this helps.

That's the dreaded double bounce. If you do that and cross up when you leave the ground the second time you will almost always promptly eat crap.

COMMIT TO THAT CRAP! trust me comin up short doesnt seem bad now but eventually something is gonna go bad and ur gonna eat it, so just commit and u should be good

That's the dreaded double bounce. If you do that and cross up when you leave the ground the second time you will almost always promptly eat crap.

Must we trigger painfull memories.:banana:

Dog hates eating dirt.

Must we trigger painfull memories.:banana:

Dog hates eating dirt.

Sorry, I think reading this topic gave me some kind of war flashback of me double bouncing and getting a face full. :lol::cry: