Sign in to follow this  

YZ 250F: 2008 Vs 2010???

Hi guys, I am looking forward in changing my YZ250F 08 for and 2010...is it worth it??? or maybe I should wait for a 2011 that maybe could come with EFI???

I have in my YZ race tech valves and vance and hines full exhaust system and I am very confortable with it, but perhaps the change to a 2010 could really be significant...what do you think???...:banana:

Any advice should help!!!

Thanks!!!

Don't waste your money, keep your bike. The changes are small and basically your getting the same bike just a few years newer. Wait for the EFI to come out and maybe wait another year after that till they get the kinks out, by that time you'll need a fresh ride anyhow.

Absolutely wait for EFI, the differences in the bike are not worth the money at this point.

I'm waiting for EFI and am probably the only one hoping for 2012 or 2013 cause when I'll be able to afford it. sadface.

i have a 2010 yz450f nd 07 250f. nd wow does the 450 turn on a dime. i kno the older 450s were not great in corners from what i hear. did the new frame on the 250f make the lil thumper turn easier as well? my 07 corners well enough for me but i was just curious what others who have the bike think?

Don't waste your money, keep your bike. The changes are small and basically your getting the same bike just a few years newer. Wait for the EFI to come out and maybe wait another year after that till they get the kinks out, by that time you'll need a fresh ride anyhow.

Hands down if you have the money buy the 2010, there is no comparison between the 06-09 handling and the new one. The older style was not bad overall but the new chassis turns much better, feels lighter, and does not suffer as much with the front end tuck. I have about 20 hours on mine at this point and happy I made the switch from the older style, the motor runs fine without EFI so unless you are at the top of the pro expert class there is really no need for it.

This is a tough one. I'd wait for the 2011 yz250f which would hopefully come out in 8 months. In order of what I'd do:

keep 08

wait for 11

get 10