KDX OEM Pipe

The bike came with a FMF pipe but I want to put a stocker on first until the boy gets use to the bike. I was told the FMF has a definite hit to it. At this point I don't need performance. I like the idea of it quiet.

There is no noticeable sound volume difference between the FMF and the OEM "pipe".

However, the OEM silencer is a tad quieter than the various aftermarket silencers. Based on seat of the pants for me, the stock silencer did not make much difference in power compared to aftermarket. The "pipe" change from OEM to aftermarket, however, made a big difference in power delivery. The stock silencer is very heavy though.

I wouldn't worry about that if he is big enough to ride it he will learn to deal with it ...if your worried about him getting scared then he is probably not going to like riding period....if thats the kind of kid he is

He is a fairly aggressive rider. That's what concerns me ;-). I have not doubt he will be able to handle the bike. I was just a little concerned about "hit"

We ride mostly woods and tight stuff going over logs, roots ect. I want hime to have more low end power than a mid to high range hit.