Sign in to follow this  

Idle transition lean? dies with throttle.

hey all. I'm new here. been lurking for a while and finally joined. I have a 2000 s model. The previous owner installed the dynojet stage one kit. from what is written in the pamphlet as notes he used the dj134 main, Forth groove on the needle. No snorkel, 3x3 mod. The bike has fmf exhaust, and a brand new no toil air filter.

If I give it a little throttle at idle it cuts out as though lean. I'm curious if I should change the pilot, main, or clip position on the needle. I dont know if the mixture screw bleeds air or fuel. I'm assuming air. I can keep the bike running fine. but hate that every once in a while it gets me, there I am at an intersection holding up traffic for that obvious few seconds hitting the e button.

Basically want some help before I touch it.

Thank you and excuse my ignorance, If present. I remember being teased a bit on other none mc forums as the noob. I've done some diggint and having hit the right thread if it does exist.

Sorry Eddie. I was posting from my phone. Lousy excuse but I now see my posts and see how vague they are. Yes the 3x3 mod has already been done. Not familiar with the "James Dean" mod. Any links?

What settings do you recommend. But overall. What is the best for my setup. I'd rather buy a different kit, plus parts (if needed or suggested) then use what I have IF stage 2 or other options are better then what I've got.

still have new in package main jet's 128, 130, 132, 136.

needle is 5dh37. Figure its the stock that was replaced.

Thank you guys.

the more ive researched the more im looking at getting the fsr or is it fcr. i dont recall. im working right now so limited time to look again. anyway. im at sea level. so would i need a jet kit for it? prolly order the kit next week.

was riding yesterday. heard faint metal ticking. been reading the threads a lot so i ordered a mcct and will buy an oem timing chain and side cover gaskets.

im paranoid about grenading the motor. so ill do the locktite fixes as well.

i appreciate this website and forum. so much knowledge

Gottadog , you guessed spot on with the leaning out . If you do not change the mixture screw , then you need to go up in size on the pilot jet or it will keep cutting out just off idle , greg

Snag the powerbomb header and JD jet kit, you'll never look back! Simplifies things if you do it all at the same time and minimize messing with carb readjustments. Eddie is the man with the setting specs, my Z is running like a champ, many thanks to him!