Sign in to follow this  

coolant problems

well had the big bore in for about 6 months now. just recently put a 44 tooth rear sprocket on and love it. it now hits the rev limiter at about 98mph. (e model) but the other night i went for about a 8 mile ride and when i got back the overflow was nearly full. the first thing i thought was overheated but i could hold my hand on the engine (not hot) any way checked level and could see the cores. (not good) but no steam when i removed the cap right after i shut it off. i added water and went home. next day went for a short ride removed the cap and thecoolant was foamy any advise

i used no copper sealant but there was no sign of that on the old gasket

Have you checked your oil ? It might be milky too ....

i checked the level when i found the foamy coolant it didnt look milky buy i havent drained it yet. havent had time

well guys i only have access to internet at work so after 7 pm (et) tonite itll be tomorrow till get back

you have a head gasket leak.

its not leaking coolant into the oil. it leaking combusiton pressure into the coolant.

replace the head gasket,use the copper coat and use 43 ft/lbs.

ok thanks eddie thats wat my buddy said it probably was but he is into trucks(same principal just multiplied by eight ) im off tomorrow ill tear it down and check already got the new gasket in the mail just in case.