Sign in to follow this  

crf450x subframe/airbox on crf450

Hi Everyone,

I've got a 2007 crf450r that I use alot for offroad/woods riding. I need to know if a subframe/airbox/rear fender from a 2007 crf450x will bolt onto the crf450r frame. My main concern is if the airbox boot lines up right. I'm asking becuase I plan to get the stator rewound by Baja Designs to run lights and be Enduro legal, plus I like the look of OEM parts better than the aftermarket Baja Designs kit. Any help would be awsome. Thanks.:banana:

it should.

the JCR guys put an R subframe and airbox on an X.

BBM will answer for sure shortly.

Hi Everyone,

I've got a 2007 crf450r that I use alot for offroad/woods riding. I need to know if a subframe/airbox/rear fender from a 2007 crf450x will bolt onto the crf450r frame. My main concern is if the airbox boot lines up right. I'm asking becuase I plan to get the stator rewound by Baja Designs to run lights and be Enduro legal, plus I like the look of OEM parts better than the aftermarket Baja Designs kit. Any help would be awsome. Thanks.:banana:

It bolts up...

This might be best asked in detail in the 450R forum, because over here in 450X land... only the opposite has been done (450R sub onto 450X frame).

But I have to ask... what will you do for seat, side panels...etc? You'll need to use 450X components. And I'm curious to see what it looks like all completed.

It bolts up...

This might be best asked in detail in the 450R forum, because over here in 450X land... only the opposite has been done (450R sub onto 450X frame).

But I have to ask... what will you do for seat, side panels...etc? You'll need to use 450X components. And I'm curious to see what it looks like all completed.

Thanks,

I'll post on the crf450r forum as well. For the rest of the stuff-side panels are cheap and the subframe/airbox/seat can be had on ebay for reasonable cost. I'd rather buy an X for offorad, but can't afford to but another bike right now. Trying to have the best of both worlds.

Your exhaust might not line up anymore. Only the 05R is an exact match with the X. You may have to switch to an 05 exhaust or be prepared to elongate some holes on the exhaust can.

I know this is an old post... but did you ever get anywhere with this mod?

Thanks!

-Jeff