Sign in to follow this  

kick starter spring

okay i am replacing my kick starter spring. it says to hook on hook on case ! is that the hole in the case they are talking about. second how would the paws separate after running. i put it together and started it but i can hear the paws racheting while the bike is idleing. the bike is a xr600r. :banana:

okay i guess i was having a brain fart or something. i just needed to go a little farther counterclockwise and it went right in. you know you got it right when you can spin the starter gear by hand. after 3 or 4 tries its finally done. thanks to this site i can now take it out and release the stress of winter !!! l.o.l :banana:

okay i guess i was having a brain fart or something. i just needed to go a little farther counterclockwise and it went right in. you know you got it right when you can spin the starter gear by hand. after 3 or 4 tries its finally done. thanks to this site i can now take it out and release the stress of winter !!! l.o.l :banana:

I had the same issue when I rebuilt my XR6. It took my simple mind HOURS to figure it out, then when it was done I felt like a tool.

Nice work.