removing the airbox

Alright...I will try that before I return it! Ktm Hutt ordered the piece for me and I don't want to have to return it!

kiwi, it's been a long time since I did it, so it may come off to the front. you will just need to check it when you get ready. :banana: it should be fairly obvious.

it slides off the front, two people, one to hold the subframe and one to pull the box.

LOL, once I thought about it, that's the only way it could come off.:banana: just wanted to leave myself an out by not being completely sure. hehe

I took mine apart for cleaning, it was quite a struggle because of caked dirt between the subframe and box. Watch where they connect and try to clean it off and break away the dirt before pulling... Also it's pretty obvious, but just in case, you need to remove the tail fender before anything else.

it's a pain in the butt, but there are way harder things to do. I changed tresa's (2007) and she broke the new one within about 2 weeks, lol. so we duct taped it back together and only just finally fixed it again earlier this winter.

for sure, remove the seat and silencer, then loosen the rear carb clamp and remove the whole subframe with the airbox attached. You'll have to remove a few screws holding the mudflap on, and probably scratch your head about a couple other things. Ours didn't come with the plug-in thingies for the airbox cover, so i drilled out the rivets and used my trusty pop-riveter to reinstall (easy if you have a trusty pop-riveter).

The airboot is soft and squishy and can just be peeled right out of the old airbox. It's probably easier if it's warm.

The hardest part was getting the little metal bit at the bottom back into the new airbox. that's the part that the springy thing that holds the filter in fits into. but it wasn't really hard, just confusing at first.

sooo...I just got it today. both sides. and its not an airbox! its just the cover and the airbox rim. i don't think it will be hard to change at all. now i'm going to wait till i can afford preprints and put it all together...

lol, thanks for wasting our time. :banana:?

:banana: