Gaerne SG10 vs SG12

Anyone here used the SG10's and then moved up to the SG12? The difference listed on the online motorcycle stores doesn't really strike me as worth the extra $100+ for the SG12, so I was wondering if there was anyone with experience with the brand for some time and their thoughts on it.

Anyone? Also wouldn't mind thoughts of those who moved to the SG12's from any other brand too.

I bought a hardly used sg10 on ebay for around $75 ?? because I couldn't see paying that much for a boot but wanted to try one. It is so good I bought a new one but it's still sitting in the box. The used one works awesome; fits best of any boot and super strong. I was figuring it would wear so that I could use my new ones but it still is in great shape. I shopped around and found a brand new sg10 for around 260 shipped. It is a lot cheaper than $400-$500. I think with the sg12's coming out the 10's got cheaper at some places. I don't know if the sg12's are worth that much more but I am definitely a believer in the brand now. I didn't think so before but I could pay the extra money for a sg12 knowing the quality and comfort.:banana:

I would still shop around for the best deal though.

I have had both. I really like my SG-10's but the SG-12's are much nicer. Worth the extra money? For me, yes, as I keep my gear for awhile. They give more support and are much more comfortable. Can't go wrong with the 10's though as they are great boots for the money...........

I just bought some 12's and wore them for the first time yesterday and they felt real good. They were so easy to walk in and felt so comfortable in the sole and around the ankle's.

They were everyting I wanted in a boot. I have just only owned O'neal boots in the past and these were the first good boot I have owned.

My SG10 are doing great. My friends upgraded to the 12 after they totally wore out the 10 and cut them up in Enduros and put them through snow, mud and water for a few years. They say the 12 is a great boot but no one balks at the 10's features and safety.

Hands down, SG 12 all day long...I have had tech 8, tech 10, and buddies that had SG10. The SG12 is worth the money over the SG10 for the neoprene upper and the ankle squeezing support. Honestly, they felt like a pair of tennis shoes/running shoes from day one. I have a white pair and will be buying a black pair asap!

i have rode twice with my new sg12's, the only thing i dont like about them is that the soles will stick to my feet and bunch up underneath my toes when i move my toes...

the padding on the sg12's feels thicker and more comfortable than the sg10's to me though

if the price is a big factor go for the 10's, but otherwise go for the 12's...:banana:

One thing to point out though is that there are very few (if any) used pairs of SG 12's on the market. That said, you're really looking at $175 purchase vs. a $500 purchase. So the question should really be are the SG 12's worth 2 1/2 times as much as the SG 10's. (I'm not saying they're not, they might be, that's why the question is there)