Sign in to follow this  

just another jetting thread....

ok, tired of searching. Please don't flame too much for posting yet another jetting thread. Not finding exactly what I need while searching. I have a bogging issue. Begins bogging and shutting down if I use more than 1/4 throttle for a couple seconds. Pipe is wet, so i'm obviously rich. Yes, the choke is off:busted:. I'm gonna pull off my carb to clean and inspect. But I was also hoping for a jetting recommendation, or thoughts.

134(or 138..not sure which one past owner used), Top Gun pipe, stock carb, stock airbox.

Duh, eliminate the airbox issue first. I'll do that in the morning, thx. 1st thing I always said to guys about their 50 mod jetting problems was..."how much oil did you put on your filter?"

I'm gonna pull off my carb to clean and inspect. But I was also hoping for a jetting recommendation, or thoughts.

134(or 138..not sure which one past owner used), Top Gun pipe, stock carb, stock airbox.

134 ot 138 main jet is WAY WAY too big for a stock motor and stock carb. You should check the pilot and main for sizes. I would start with a 40 or 42 for the pilot and a 85 or 90 for the main. If lean bump it up on the main to a 95

For reference I run a 42 pilot and 85 main on our stocker with a CHM pipe, stock airbox with airbox mod and it runs perfect. We run 42 pilot and 90 main on the other stocker with BBR pipe and stock airbox with mod.

BBRmotorsports has jetting in .02 increments online with super fast shipping.

Hi everyone. I hate to beat this whole jetting issue to daeth (have you seen the 150RB forum?!?), but has anyone had any good/bad experiences with their 2010 110 they would like to share?

I have one, bought it for nephew, and was wondering if I might want to buy some extra jets; I dont mind having extra jets hangigng around, hell I even prefer it. He got it for Christmas, rode it a few times, and then had to go back to Alabama - it is in PA, as he spends the summer there. Anyway, we have not had a real chance to get on it and give it a good riding: However, the time is nearing.

I was just trying to be sure which ones to buy, or even if this is a big issue with the 2010s? Any other pertinent info about the machine would be highly appreciated, indeed....

Thank you

134 ot 138 main jet is WAY WAY too big for a stock motor and stock carb. You should check the pilot and main for sizes. I would start with a 40 or 42 for the pilot and a 85 or 90 for the main. If lean bump it up on the main to a 95

For reference I run a 42 pilot and 85 main on our stocker with a CHM pipe, stock airbox with airbox mod and it runs perfect. We run 42 pilot and 90 main on the other stocker with BBR pipe and stock airbox with mod.

BBRmotorsports has jetting in .02 increments online with super fast shipping.

Ooops, guess I wasn't clear. Sorry. The 134/138 is the cc, not the jet. I assume the jet is still stock as is the carb. Good info there. I'm gonna get some jets and see what happens. Yesterday, all I did was take off the airbox cover. Unfortunately, that didn't solve it. Still begins to bog and eventually die if I open up the throttle too much. Inside the pipe is still soaking wet too. What about the air screw? You think turning that out would make a difference?

...on a seemingly unrelated note, my kick start issue was not due to clutch adjustment. It now slips free while kicking most of the time. No ratcheting. Just free as a bird.

Ooops, guess I wasn't clear. Sorry. The 134/138 is the cc, not the jet. I assume the jet is still stock as is the carb. Good info there. I'm gonna get some jets and see what happens. Yesterday, all I did was take off the airbox cover. Unfortunately, that didn't solve it. Still begins to bog and eventually die if I open up the throttle too much. Inside the pipe is still soaking wet too. What about the air screw? You think turning that out would make a difference?

...on a seemingly unrelated note, my kick start issue was not due to clutch adjustment. It now slips free while kicking most of the time. No ratcheting. Just free as a bird.

Well that makes more sense on it being a kit not a jet size. :banana: If the jetting is stock you need to up the pilot to 42 the main start at 90 for the kit. The air screw should be 1 and 1/2 turns or so out. You might also check your plug. Should be a NGK CR6HSA. Maybe the previous owner had the wrong plug.

As for your clutch issue, I bet the previous owner put in 6 heavy duty clutch springs to replace the 4 stock ones. I had a the same issue on a stocker we bought. Take 2 springs out or swap to stock springs. Those heavy duty springs are meant for bigger bore kits.

Keep us posted. . .and good luck

Edited by calif-yz400f
spelling error