Sign in to follow this  

Clarke Tank & Locking cap (SM)

I'm interested in getting a nice 14.8 litre Clarke tank for my 2007 DRZ400SM but would I have to lose my stock key locking fuel cap?

I don't feel comfortable parking my bike with a fuel cap anyone can unscrew.

It pretty much does not matter if you have a locking cap or not, all they have to do is pull the hose off the carb and drain it all out.

Try to find from someone you know and try a cap from a 'E model or from a Acerbis tank with the large gas cap (Acerbis has two types of gas caps , the small and the large) .

If any of two fits right to your Clarke tank than buy the Acerbis large locking gas cap .

I use this on my 'E tank .

I'm interested in getting a nice 14.8 litre Clarke tank for my 2007 DRZ400SM but would I have to lose my stock key locking fuel cap?

I don't feel comfortable parking my bike with a fuel cap anyone can unscrew.

I have similar thoughts, but I also wonder how much more likely it is for someone to mess with a bike as opposed to any other vehicle, such as my pickup, which doesn't have a locking cap. Maybe it's just as likely someone would just steal the bike.

I have similar thoughts, but I also wonder how much more likely it is for someone to mess with a bike as opposed to any other vehicle, such as my pickup, which doesn't have a locking cap. Maybe it's just as likely someone would just steal the bike.

I use my DRZ for commuting and I work in security. I manage to piss off a lot of in my line of work.

Soo yeah, I'm pretty conscious about my filler cap.

As for theft, I have a 2 way pager alarm that lets me know what's going on upto 5000 meters away.

Vandalism is quicker and easier than gas theft. A locking gas cap is a necessity for peace-of-mind in some cases. If you find something that works please post it up...