Sign in to follow this  

Getting a 2009, TE 450 or TE510???

So i'm ready to get a Husky! Now do I get the 510 that I started looking for, or the 450 that I found for a $1000 less?? I wanted the 510 because, "big bikes good"! but the deal on the 450 is hard to resist and would pay for a whole lot of upgrades. So, what say y'all?:banana::thinking:

Uh. no one else has had this decision??? Big difference on power? Weight, or feel? gas m illage? power up , anything?!

I just wrote a long review and got bumped out- lost it.

get the 450, save the dough- you won't miss the extra cc's in WI. Unless you ride more on road than off- differences are slight. I ride with a guy with a 510 and I have the 450. I don't ever wish for more cc's. Proper tuning is much more usefull= does what you want predictably. I assume you are going to ride what WI has to off for trails- do some UP MICH trail, Dual sports, maybe some local enduros. In theory: bigger displacement/ open areas, smaller displacement/ tight areas. WI Dualsport and offroad is a mix. WI Enduros is TIGHT. you will spend that $1000 on handguards radiator guards skid plate larger tank, and rear tires:) durring the first 6 months.

Check us out if you haven't http://www.widualsportriders.org/default.asp

Just got back from the first trail ride of the year, and spent half the ride wishing I was on a new Husky! Wrestling the XR650 around on frozen ground covered in 4 to 5 inches of mud:crazy: The rest was water covered Ice:rolleyes: The XR stayed upright but my friends KLR decided to lay down occasionally. I got a recomendation for keytimemotorsports.com ,They are my closest dealer witch is still a day round trip. I'd checked out some bigger dealers and some out in Or. to have one shipped, ended up going local and they had the best price to boot! I'll be doing the deal tomorrow!!:lol::banana::banana::banana: Decided to go with the TE450 and use the savings on upgrades.

:banana:

good decision! :worthy:Keytime( http://www.keytimemotorsports.com/ )will have the bike set up and ready to go, they will have regreased everything and gone over the whole bike, they are knowledgeable and committed to the Brand and their customers. They have and know the Ibeat and EFI set ups. You would be better off spending more money though them to have that- if they have a better price- then you are GOLDEN! They are also very involved in District 16, local riding areas, and supportive to local clubs.

Say Hi from Brad at the Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders and come ride with us this year!

COngrats:thumbsup:

Well the bike has been ordered! I went with the 09 TE450. I'm getting the OFG radiator guards and either the Hyde or Uptite skid plate, the coolant Y and radiator crossover hose, and am wondering about the stock bars. How are they for stand up riding for a 6 footer with long arms?? Anyone using the Easton EXP woods bar? and if so what kind of hand guards are working with these?? I won't be able to pick up the bike till April 16th do to work an a vacation in the mean time so I want to get the parts ordered be fore I leave.

FWIW, a good riding buddy (f2g) has a TE450 and we would trade bikes occasionally for giggles. I always felt faster and more comfortable on his bike than on my 510. It was easier to ride for me. He always commented on the grunt felt on mine. Not something really needed in tighter, technical stuff, I have learned. We have both transitioned to 250's within the past year and are loving them! I still like the 510 in wide open spaces and so does the bike! I bet you like that 450 :thumbsup: