Sign in to follow this  

07 kx250 clutch basket wobble

i recently replaced all the bearings in my engine cases( tranny, crank, water pump). after about 15 hours i noticed my new clutch baskets had sum scrapes on it from the oil fill hole, i take the clutch cover off to see the clutch cover gasket has dug into the clutch basket, and the clutch basket has seemed to wobble and take peices from the inside of the clutch cover. when i did the engine overhaul i replaced the clutch basket bearing only and not the bushing it fits over. and my question is, do these clutch baskets (hinson) need to be balanced? or did i maybe just get a bad bearing? any suggestions on something else that couldve caused this? FYI i did buy a new bearing, bushing, new washer that goes between the clutch basket and hub, should be here tomorrow

I'm pretty sure theres a few washers in there. You may want to check the fische to be sure.

the movement is less than before but still barely touching the clutch cover, i will order a washer that goes between the clutch hub and clutch hub nut. i can only see 2 washers in the parts diagram and that bushing for my bike. thanks for the help