Sign in to follow this  

dr350 carb swap 4 a gs500 or gsxr750 carb?

I have searched till my eyes are crossed on this one between the pumper swaps, jeting, and tweeks all over the net, hope it's not just a another dumb Q

I was looking online for a carb rebuild kit for my 93 dr350s and I see the gs-500 and gsxr-750 are the same rebuild kits, reading alot of guys strapped for cash to buy the pumper "like myself" I was thinking maybe the gs or gsxr carbs may be mod. for the dr350s use, for the reason that more of them avaiable? to get a good one? and use the dr's jets, needles?

Am I out of my mind for this idea? I thank you for your help setting me on the stright :banana:

Edited by NorthIdahoBushwacker
spelling

There has to be someone to answer this. i have no idea i think its possible

One would think with all the pros on this forum some one could say if it was possible or not,:banana: or are they clueless too?

I have searched till my eyes are crossed on this one between the pumper swaps, jeting, and tweeks all over the net, hope it's not just a another dumb Q

I was looking online for a carb rebuild kit for my 93 dr350s and I see the gs-500 and gsxr-750 are the same rebuild kits, reading alot of guys strapped for cash to buy the pumper "like myself" I was thinking maybe the gs or gsxr carbs may be mod. for the dr350s use, for the reason that more of them avaiable? to get a good one? and use the dr's jets, needles?

Am I out of my mind for this idea? I thank you for your help setting me on the stright :banana:

Same rebuild kit = Same carburetor

That wouldn't be much of an upgrade :lol:

I have a GS-500, it has the CV carb. It works well but since it's the same carb how is it an upgrade?

I switched my DR 650 to a flat slide Mikuni (not a pumper). It seems to give better response, esp. down low.

One would think with all the pros on this forum some one could say if it was possible or not,:lol: or are they clueless too?

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Bushwacker. Generally how it works is people with something valuable to add to the post chime in. Guess you will be the pioneer in this project. Looking forward to a full report so we can emerge from our cluelessness state. :banana:

Thanks for the vote of confidence there Bushwacker. Generally how it works is people with something valuable to add to the post chime in. Guess you will be the pioneer in this project. Looking forward to a full report so we can emerge from our cluelessness state. :banana:

I ment no disrespect to anybody I apologize to anyone that took it offensive :banana: once again my impatience got the best of me

mx_rob, my mouse is no match for your elephants mechanical knowledge :banana:

ProCycle

Same rebuild kit = Same carburetor

That wouldn't be much of an upgrade

It's not really for the upgrade as the money deal for me gotta pay the mortgage and suport a family and money b tight !

the main idea was if it would work theres alot of downed gs and gsxr's in junk yards and if theres 4 carbs per bike the better luck finding one in good shape and maybe for less money

I didn't know if carb's were the same with diffirant jets, needle :lol:

my knowledge is very little on carbs and hope I didn't black ball myself from this forum :banana:

May the allmighty mother of horsepower bless you all for your help !

I didn't know if carb's were the same with diffirant jets, needle :banana:

That's exactly the case. Same carb body with different jets, needle, needle jet, etc. Also those carbs are ganged together so to make one work on the DR you would have to do something for a throttle cable linkage.

That's exactly the case. Same carb body with different jets, needle, needle jet, etc. Also those carbs are ganged together so to make one work on the DR you would have to do something for a throttle cable linkage.

thanks Procycle thats kind of what I was thinking, I had a honda 400-4 the only 4 stroke 4 cyl ever had, I know the thottle was linked as with the chokes, as far as converting them over to the dr350s use, it could be as eazy as plugging the right side choke, replace jets neeldes butterfly throttle linkage with the stock parts from dr carb.

I'm still pretty much clueless but gaining knowledge :lol:

Thanks again

May the almighty mother of horsepower bless you ! :banana: