best way to bleed showa shock 08rmz450

what do u guys prefer standard bleed with the shock straight up and down on an angle or do u guys like to bleed it by cracking the compresion adjuster loose...ive been doin it the same way for years just thought id get your methods...thanx...steve

I have a 2009 KX250F with the 50MM Showa. I bleed it the same way I have bled every shock I have ever owned, through the seal head. But I couldn't do it that way on this shock until I made a few mods to the seal head. If you check my other posts you can read a few that I posted. When it's all over I turn the shock right side up and crack the comp adjuster while tilting the shock at just the right angle and sometimes I can get one or two tiny bubbles out. I press the shock body up against ear when I'm done and move the shaft back and forth to make sure I don't hear any air going through the piston.

To get it done good this way requires a small bent piece of coat hanger to reach down inside and lift the compression plates. I file off the end of the hanger flat so it doesn't slip off the plates when I pull up on them. The air bubbles come right up. I let the shock rest a few times as foam can develop. Backing your bleed adjuster off helps.

I was taught this method by a Husky dealer back in the 80's. Since then I've done it on Ohlins, WP, KYB, Sachs, and now Showa.