Sign in to follow this  

looking for some opinions

Allright, think i have my 2004 CRF250R sold this week end, so looking to get a new bike in the next few weeks. Looking at either an 01 CR250, 03 CR250, or an 05 200EXC. I have really enjoyed the CRF250, does everything that i could ask from it, but the maintenance is just too much on it so im switching to 2 stroke. I rode my friends 01 CR250 last fall and fell in love with the 2 stroke, all my worries about not having engine braking were gone... really is one of those things you don't notice when its gone, but when you get it back you notice it. Anyways, bike will be used for mostly trails though the week, and track hopefully every week end... So question is, do i get another MX bike that will maybe not be as good on the trails, or get a trail bike that might not be as good on the track? The 03 CR250 and 05 EXC are pretty close in price and are both in good condition. I weigh 166 pounds and am 6 feet tall and i ride pretty agressive

I would stick to the cr250. It is one of the best 250 2strokes around and you can always easily adjust it to whatever type of riding you want to do. The exc would be a little more just on the trail side. I say the cr250, good luck on your choice!

also found an 03 SX250 for around the same price, any opinions on that bike?