Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a PWK questions?

I have a 94 RMX that of course does not idle well. So I think I will try the PWK. I have been searching and find alot of them with the electrical plug on them. Should I stay away from these? Also what is better a 35mm 36mm or 39mm? I also looked at a few new ones in catalogs like the Air Striker. What makes it a Air Striker?

What you need is a 36 or 38 PWK, 39's are good to but harder to get (KX/CR500's etc)

You will find 36's on most recent 125 MX bike and 38's on most 250 MX bikes (RM, KX,etc)

I used a 36 after using a Mikuni TM38 and a Keihin PJ38, it really works well. You are supposed to loose a little top end rev with 36 but I never noticed. If you are bothered by that try and get a 38 (or 39).

Mine has the electrical plug on it, dont let it put you off, just ignore it and you block off the powerjet inside, makes jetting easier. PM me for details.

LordMuck, member on TT used a 35 but you encounter issues with air boot sizes as they use a different casting to the 36 and up PWK's.

I found the following info online for Air Striker:

"The 38mm PWK Air Striker incorporates lower air horn fins focusing Air volume to the needle jet for increased bottom to mid-range throttle response. This type of carburetor offers great performance for track, dunes, tree dogging and enthusiast dragging"

No idea what enthusiast dragging is!!!! I think mine is a Powerjet PWK 36 air striker (has the small fins they describe), it came off a 98 KX125. A very worthwhile mod.