Sign in to follow this  

Oem drz400e intake bell for fcr39 ?

Hi Everyone !

I have finally purchase the fcr39mx tt kit ,wich is very well equiped.But in my personnal opinion i think the sudco adapter 021-216 is too short ,i think maybe 1/4 of a inch.In the faq its said ''The air boot is plenty long enough'' maybe but after 2 hour of try , i give up.I have fear that the carb loose itself and i have never made a good seat between the airboot and the carb,or if one is made the other one go out ,its too short .Anyway ,someone know the number of the drz400e oem intake bell ?And i think that the airboot for the drz400e is not the same ,also the number for it will be greatly apreciated.

I need the same part in the first picture of this thread the left intake bell :

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=566115

Thanks !:banana:

you may try to loosen the clamp on the airbox and gain a little bit of lenght there as well.

also,you can push the airbox as far forward as possible in the subframe.

this has worked for me fine.

its not too short. really,not kidding. heard it many times. even had guys drive hours to come "show me in person". they leave 5 minutes later highly embarrased.

I think this is a problem almost everybody has fitting the FCR-MX first time.

As Eddie states , what's an impossible/2 hour job now is done in minutes when you got the technique.

I use a brutal technique , fitting the air box intake rubber to the carb, using a crow bar to push it into the cylinder intake rubber.

Looks nasty and brutal , but works for me.

Thanks,

Restosud,Eddie and F2dog for your answer ! i will try again this time with great succes ! @+

yipie ! I made it today ! with the help of you guys ! Yes the oem boot was long enough ! But it was a really tight fit .A guy from Ebay give me also some tips to install it ,Mike from Powerbarn he sell a fcr39 kit with hot start and throttle position sensor .But im happy with the Thumpertalk kit .With the Mrd/SSw and the Fcr39 ... wow totally mad now ! Thank you everyone ! Knowledge is power !!