Shift rod problem, maybe gasket?

my 05 450x has sitting for a couple months because of winter, I noticed a few weeks ago a couple drops of gear oil under the bike. It seems to be dripping a couple drops over a 2 week period or so, it is coming from the area where the shifter rod goes into the transmission. It has never had any sort of leak before, and last time I rode it I had the average get offs, but nothing out of the ordinary. I also noticed a single scrape on the shifter side case, it is a scrape that exactly matches where the shifter end makes its arc when you shift though the gears, so it obviously hit on that side at some point. The shifter lever itself is not bent, so it must have flexed along the shift rod area which is where i think the leak is from, could it possibly be a deformed seal where the shift rod enter the transmission, or should I be more concerned about something bigger? It shifts fine btw

• 3 months later...
I have the exact same problem as you H2only, I just noticed and I am about to go take a nice close look... So have you had any luck? Fix it?

actually, I left it alone, I have ridden it a number of times and it has not leaked since. I have changed the oil and tranny fluid twice since it first appeared as well, no more leak.

Edited by H2only

• 1 month later...