taking off front disk cover

I know MXA have posted that your disc will overheat if you leave the cover on, but seriously, HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE PICS OF FACTORY BIKES?!?

THEY ARE RUNNING DISC COVERS!!!!

THEY ARE ON THE BRAKES TWICE AS HARD AS YOU!!!

DON'T BELIEVE THE TOOLS AT MXA! THEY ARE MORONS!

Others have pressed out the wheel spacer without damaging the plastic, or you can buy a spare wheel spacer.

so i can press the spacer out. does it need any kind of dust cover like the other side?

I know MXA have posted that your disc will overheat if you leave the cover on, but seriously, HAVE YOU SEEN ALL THE PICS OF FACTORY BIKES?!?

THEY ARE RUNNING DISC COVERS!!!!

THEY ARE ON THE BRAKES TWICE AS HARD AS YOU!!!

DON'T BELIEVE THE TOOLS AT MXA! THEY ARE MORONS!

i thought about the factory bikes too and know most of them are running oversized rotors so there stopping is way stronger to begain with

and i never really liked the way they looked anyways

The cover is to keep rocks from getting in there, Chad Reed had a DNF last year because of it. Its a rare occurrence but it does occasionally happen. There's nothing quite like having your front wheel lock up in 4th gear:eek:

yea thats true, but isnt the point to look cool??? i know i want to look good when i limping my bike back to the pits because of no front brakes!! lol:banghead:

there is no way i would run my bike without one, just look at the condition of the guard after a couple months of riding then imagine all the nicks, scratches and gouges woul dhave been hitting your rotor and caliper without the guard. the brakes will cool down really quick, unless your running a really tight indoor track where you have very short straights and are on the front brakes constantly i wouldnt worry to much about over heating. iv been running hondas since 05 and have never had an issue witht he front brakes overheating to the point that there was a significant difference in performance. just run a high quality brake fluid and changes it out fairly often. we all use the motul high temp and it works great great for us, you can actually feel the difference in a good fluid and a cheap fluid. i wouldnt have believed it if i hadnt seen it, i always thought all brake fluids were the same.

but if you really want to take it off you can simply press the spacer out with a vise. i put a set of dna wheels on my bike and i had to press out the old spacer and use the new dna spacer in my guard. it can be a $@*$% to get out though!! lol

but if you really want to take it off you can simply press the spacer out with a vise. i put a set of dna wheels on my bike and i had to press out the old spacer and use the new dna spacer in my guard. it can be a $@*$% to get out though!! lol

you can press the DNA spacer into the oem disc cover if you enlarge the hole on that cover.

you can press the DNA spacer into the oem disc cover if you enlarge the hole on that cover.

yea, thats what i had to do, the original spacer is 27mm while the DNA spacer is 30mm.

i just took a die grinder and opened the hole up 3mm and it worked perfect.

oops, i just noticed JT, it was you that i bought the wheels from!! lol they worked out great!!