Sign in to follow this  

passenger pegs xr600

Hooray! Finally got a dual sport, 95 xr600, ca plates. Need to have options of two up. Are there passenger pegs that work well? What does everyone use? Some kind of quick release for off road riding?

I just got a xr 600 that has pegs fitted to the swing arm. It is a type of home-made setup with a clamp on type system that uses a bolt.Almost like two square shaped halves that go over swing arm and bolt top and bottom.It works but isn't ideal as the passengers feet are "unsprung" IE they feel every bump. I have seen some other setups but you have to make up some brackets. There are a few places you can bolt it on with a bit of planning to have "sprung" pegs.

Baja Designs has a nice set for about $100. You have to weld tabs to the frame which requires some dissassembly. I have some on my bike and I really like them.

Hooray! Finally got a dual sport, 95 xr600, ca plates. Need to have options of two up. Are there passenger pegs that work well? What does everyone use? Some kind of quick release for off road riding?

I bought Yamaha FZR 600 passenger pegs off e-bay (there are lots for about $20) and welded a mounting plate on each side of the frame so they could be bolted on.

Image010.jpg

Image008.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image002.jpg

sweet, I like the little ankle stop to keep foot away from the tire.