Sign in to follow this  

crf450 hard starting and pops when trying to start

bike ran great a couple weeks ago started first kick hot or cold... Now its hard to start when warm/hot... cold starting is harder than before but it will still will start within 3 or 4 kicks. now when kickin it over hot or cold it will pop. Not really a backfire but just pop like a flame out. I've adjusted the air/fuel screw but nothing changed? only thing different between when it started easy and now is after i tore it down for a suspension revalve but i didn't touch the motor

also the valves are good.... one of the first things i checked

my bike will start only if i twist the throttle as i kick it. once it's running runs perfectly fine??? my hot start always had free play in it , my issues started when i turned the fuel mixture screw, i always make sure that's the hot start is closed any help would be appreicated

take the hot start out of the carb to make sure it is not seized up.

Also pull the carb, clean it and then check that you have the fuel screw - spring - washer - oring installed in that order.

sell that honda and buy a kawi that's what i did

what a noob... Are you really so helpless that you have to buy a new bike when your hot start cable doesn't work? Is your daddy paying? :)

and kawasaki is just a piece of crap compared to honda..

i have agree kawi are junk my buddy has a kx450 and a klx450 both are junk. everytime we take a trip somewhere he spends a week fixing his bike get a yamaha