Motocross Racers Shredding Up The Trails

Nice video. It doesn't matter how fast you are.. There's always someone that's faster. Keep turning the laps and the speed will come. Sounds like your bike runs well too. Thanks again and post another vid soon.

Nate

Nice video. It doesn't matter how fast you are.. There's always someone that's faster. Keep turning the laps and the speed will come. Sounds like your bike runs well too. Thanks again and post another vid soon.

Nate

Thanks a lot! Oh for sure, I'm no trail rider, I'm just now starting to ride them again.

You gotta love Honda, I'm running the same stock engine, been raced 1.5 seasons and the valves are still in the same stock measurements. (0.011 exhaust, 0.005 intake)

not bad. aim your camera up a little and it will make for a better vid:ride:

Thanks! I really try to get the angle right. I think my head is on crooked. :banana:

I actually kind of liked this veiw since you can see the rider and bike shifting around, but, what looks better to you?

Good video but I would call that a backyard "track" not a trail. A track without jumps, whoops or big burms but a track none the less. Looks like you rode from your house. Do you have access to an extensive trail system from your front door? If so, your a lucky guy. You have some good skills for some one who is 14. I bet you have a lot of riding hours under your belt.

I think that what makes a good "trail" rider is someone who can handle any type of unexpected obsticles and terain.

I don't think it really matter's we all love to ride. I am opposite of you though I ride mostly trail's, Enduro's and harescrambles and am starting to ride the track's. I think it is cool to do both.

I'm not dissin' you, but your trail keep's going round and round almost like a track without the jump's.

Good video but I would call that a backyard "track" not a trail. A track without jumps, whoops or big burms but a track none the less. Looks like you rode from your house. Do you have access to an extensive trail system from your front door? If so, your a lucky guy. You have some good skills for some one who is 14. I bet you have a lot of riding hours under your belt.

I think that what makes a good "trail" rider is someone who can handle any type of unexpected obsticles and terain.

Thanks a lot! I actually did leave directly from my house to the trails. We don't have anything close, closest is an hour away. Although a new private motocross track is almost finished just down the street. I actually started riding at the beginning of my 14th year on a CR80. I have only been riding for about 1.5 years. I actually dont get to ride too much since my father hates taking me to the local public tracks.

I do agree it is more of a track than a trail. We have a lot more trails on the inside that you can see a little. At the moment I have a bunch of downed trees waiting to be chopped into firewood in the middle trails so I stuck to the perimeter trail.

"The Toxic Waste Trench" separates my house from the trails. That trench is creepy, awful, unspeakable, and horrible. We throw our old stuff we never want to see again down there. There is actually half a house down there, and how it got there, I will never know. Dead stuff, and unspeakable smelling things. That's how the TWT comes into play.

I also like to see some tank and a full view of handle bars in the video but Kalvin is right, tilt it up a bit. Besides the low angle, the video came out great!

Will do! I will tilt it up more next time.

I don't think it really matter's we all love to ride. I am opposite of you though I ride mostly trail's, Enduro's and harescrambles and am starting to ride the track's. I think it is cool to do both.

I'm not dissin' you, but your trail keep's going round and round almost like a track without the jump's.

That's really good. I started out riding trails on my CR80.

DSC00177.jpg

But now, I am definitely stuck to motocross racing. Although, I have been becoming much more open to other types of riding, like trail riding and endurocross (refering to the stacks of logs and big boulders).

I do agree it is more of a track than a trail. We have a lot more trails on the inside that you can see a little. At the moment I have a bunch of downed trees waiting to be chopped into firewood in the middle trails so I stuck to the perimeter trail. (copied from up there ^)

Edited by v757b

Cool video! It makes me miss trail riding. I grew up riding and racing in the woods of Indiana and out here in SoCal it's all desert.

Thanks a lot! I love all your videos, I watch about everyone of them.

Cool video! It makes me miss trail riding. I grew up riding and racing in the woods of Indiana and out here in SoCal it's all desert.

I did not know you were from Indiana Freds, but I would love to go out to SoCal. I agree you might want to tilt the camera up but in a little bit I might be able to a trail riding video soon.

I did not know you were from Indiana Freds, but I would love to go out to SoCal. I agree you might want to tilt the camera up but in a little bit I might be able to a trail riding video soon.

Ok, thanks a lot. I will definitely point it up next time. Although, next time I should be at the track.

Ok, so some of the trail/enduro guys dont think us motocross racers can ride trails. Post up your-motocross-racing-self videos of you shredding some trails. Maybe we can hang after all. :banana:

I'll start. I'm not fast, but I think I can hang with some of the trail riders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTpI3q22I4

Good video, but, that's double track, not single track, single track is much tight and much more technical.

I think it would be awesome if you got out and got some vids of you doing some single track. Just don't tear up the single track like some morons do. If you get stuck on a hill just roll back down and attempt it again, don't just pin the throttle and try to start from where you stopped, otherwise you will just dig a huge hole in the hill and piss off anyone who ride up that hill later.

Good video, but, that's double track, not single track, single track is much tight and much more technical.

I think it would be awesome if you got out and got some vids of you doing some single track. Just don't tear up the single track like some morons do. If you get stuck on a hill just roll back down and attempt it again, don't just pin the throttle and try to start from where you stopped, otherwise you will just dig a huge hole in the hill and piss off anyone who ride up that hill later.

Ok, thanks! I will try and get out to a single track around here. I haven't heard of any yet. But, I will definitely give it a try, and I'm sure it's a lot harder than the trails in my video.

I actually just checked out a place called Rivers Edge Outdoors (or Pigg River) that has a bunch of trails, probably a few singletrack, I'm guessing. They also just opened up a new motocross track so I get the best of both of them.

Ok, thanks! I will try and get out to a single track around here. I haven't heard of any yet. But, I will definitely give it a try, and I'm sure it's a lot harder than the trails in my video.

I actually just checked out a place called Rivers Edge Outdoors (or Pigg River) that has a bunch of trails, probably a few singletrack, I'm guessing. They also just opened up a new motocross track so I get the best of both of them.

Sweet! I wasn't trying to say you WOULD do that... just, i went riding in Michigan and right after we got there a guy with a YZ250F showed up, he got out there just before us. We caught up when he was going up a steep hill. He got stuck just before the top of the hill, so he decided to try to rip his way to the top. What he ended up doing was digging a huge hole right in the MIDDLE of the steep trail, 2 of us including me from our group of 5 got stuck in the hole.

Just respect the trails! :banana:

Sweet! I wasn't trying to say you WOULD do that... just, i went riding in Michigan and right after we got there a guy with a YZ250F showed up, he got out there just before us. We caught up when he was going up a steep hill. He got stuck just before the top of the hill, so he decided to try to rip his way to the top. What he ended up doing was digging a huge hole right in the MIDDLE of the steep trail, 2 of us including me from our group of 5 got stuck in the hole.

Just respect the trails! :banana:

Ahh ok. I gotcha! I will respect the trails. ?

:banana: