Sign in to follow this  

NorthCarolina Carolina Powersports Park open all this week!

We will be open every afternoon since the GNCC is in town and will be open every Wednesday evening starting next week. Weather permitting. info- www.carolinapowersports.net

Edited by ktm211
wording

10 loads of gravel all the way to MX track hauled in today, should help out with adverse weather conditions access.

HOw many miles of trail and single track do you have?

gonna lay out a new loop this week end and will probably be around 6 to 8 mile. Upper part of the mtn is riddled with tree tops still and will still need some more work.

Groomed MX track, new wood loop sections and a new raveen jump. conditions are choice.

open every day this week still? how muddy is it now?? i will be there

working night shift this week so riding is an option ! what are conditions like Evan ????

We may come down this weekend. Can someone give a good discription or show pics of the track (or tracks).

The gallery of pics on the website only shows bikes in the air, it might help potential customers to see shots of the grounds and track layout.

Sorry if they are there and I somehow missed it.

I have just returned from carolina powersports park. I was unable to get anything going due to an almost complete fatigue that extinguished me like a wet blanket on a camp fire. I could not have bench pressed 25 pounds to win a million dollars if I were entered in such a contest. it was truly lame.

however, I did get to check out the conditions as I putt putted around trying not to fall asleep.

The MX track is completely dry , in great shape,and will probably be dusty on tuesday. The trails have a few little water holes here and there but are otherwise dry. The side of the mountain has suffered with the recent torrential rains (erosion is a problem) but is in good shape for the most part. Numerous improvements are evident- the driveway is probably the biggest thing. A nice fence between the parking area and the MX track is going up.

I am going to give it another try tomorrow, and I plan to eat a few pounds of candy before I ride in hopes of ginning up some energy. I could barely hold on today....lame

Edited by whipit1k

Haaaaaa, was that you? They said some guy on a Kawi was riding around like he was lost then left but I said na it couldn't be Ben cause he hauls!

I have just returned from carolina powersports park. I was unable to get anything going due to an almost complete fatigue that extinguished me like a wet blanket on a camp fire. I could not have bench pressed 25 pounds to win a million dollars if I were entered in such a contest. it was truly lame.

however, I did get to check out the conditions as I putt putted around trying not to fall asleep.

The MX track is completely dry , in great shape,and will probably be dusty on tuesday. The trails have a few little water holes here and there but are otherwise dry. The side of the mountain has suffered with the recent torrential rains (erosion is a problem) but is in good shape for the most part. Numerous improvements are evident- the driveway is probably the biggest thing. A nice fence between the parking area and the MX track is going up.

I am going to give it another try tomorrow, and I plan to eat a few pounds of candy before I ride in hopes of ginning up some energy. I could barely hold on today....lame

Whats wrong with you Benny-boy? Good to hear that its nice out there. I am riding Wedns Thurs Friday then racing the GNCC Sunday down the road. Might have to get out there one day this week..

Haaaaaa, was that you? They said some guy on a Kawi was riding around like he was lost then left but I said na it couldn't be Ben cause he hauls!

yeah that was me, i did not haul today, not even a little. I have also got a new fuel tank on my bike which I have nicknamed "Exxon Valdez" since it is as wide as an oil freighter and holds about that much petrolium. It also pushes the riders weight back a little because of the extra width, which makes it hard to find front end traction and makes it much easier to crash (like the Exxon Valdez). I actually hate it.

I forgot to mention the highlight of my ride: I found a kickstarter assembly out on the trail..it appears to be an older KTM250/300 style but I am not positive ...just in case anyone has lost one out there. That is the nice thing about going so slowly : you find bike parts

Okay, I'll try shouting this time....ANYONE HAVE PICS OR DISCRIPTIONS OF THIS PLACE!

We've got 5 or 6 guys wanna come but don't know anything about it and the website doen't say or show much.

Okay, I'll try shouting this time....ANYONE HAVE PICS OR DISCRIPTIONS OF THIS PLACE!

We've got 5 or 6 guys wanna come but don't know anything about it and the website doen't say or show much.

Dont be so angry Goosedoggy dog :banana:

I think you'll like the moto track its a pretty fun track and its alot better than Lakeside and it kinda flows with the side of the mountain so lots of uphills and downhill jumps..I think Ben said that this was one of the best moto tracks around...The trails are pretty good also...Since we race there they are one way and marked pretty well..I dont know how many miles of trails he has open but probably around 6 miles or so..

Ill probably be going there Thursday to get some seat time in..

The moto track is all hard clay, drains very well . It is laid out at the base of the mountain and runs down through some deep ravines in several spots so there is a great deal of elevation change for a MX track. There are a couple of larger double jumps but they are in two-line areas- in other words you can take hit the jump or take the low road. What is really challenging about the track is the elevation change and finding traction. I loved this track on my 250F...so far my 450, with its 55 gallon drum for a fuel tank, is less fun non the track. Less fun than the 250f everywhere for that matter

the property includes a large flat area that runs up to the base of the mountain and the side of the mountain itsself. The trails vary in style and difficulty with the steepness of the terrain as one would expect. It would be a good place for anyone who likes to ride bikes : you are certain to0 find something you like. You will probably not set off on a multi hour excursion wherein you never see the same area twice: it is not an enormous chunk of land. People seem to judge a riding spot by the overall trail mileage. It is a great place to lay out a multi mile loop and ride laps hard. some of the best trail seems to be closed still, though. not sure why

The higher up the mtn you go the more trees that are down from the harsh winter, my skidder is still in the shop so we are having to do it by hand and its taking a little longer than expected but I'll try and get on it.

The moto track is all hard clay, drains very well . It is laid out at the base of the mountain and runs down through some deep ravines in several spots so there is a great deal of elevation change for a MX track. There are a couple of larger double jumps but they are in two-line areas- in other words you can take hit the jump or take the low road. What is really challenging about the track is the elevation change and finding traction. I loved this track on my 250F...so far my 450, with its 55 gallon drum for a fuel tank, is less fun non the track. Less fun than the 250f everywhere for that matter

the property includes a large flat area that runs up to the base of the mountain and the side of the mountain itsself. The trails vary in style and difficulty with the steepness of the terrain as one would expect. It would be a good place for anyone who likes to ride bikes : you are certain to0 find something you like. You will probably not set off on a multi hour excursion wherein you never see the same area twice: it is not an enormous chunk of land. People seem to judge a riding spot by the overall trail mileage. It is a great place to lay out a multi mile loop and ride laps hard. some of the best trail seems to be closed still, though. not sure why

Hey Goosdog

This is a track built by racers for racers and a lot of the top pros practice and train here. If your just looking for a place to trail ride, there are some easier trails but then there are some tougher ones that make a good race loop and not a pack your lunch and take off for a day long trail ride type of thing.

Just come on and check us out, you'll find something that you'll like.

Now we're talking. You see what happens when an irate ole homie starts yelling, finally getting some respect here. :banana::lol:

Thanks everybody, we'll see ya's this weekend. :banana: :banana:

Just so you know we are not open on Saturday and they are calling for a 70 percent chance of rain on Sunday right now but we will see, Sorry, hows that for respect. haaaaaaaaa

Now we're talking. You see what happens when an irate ole homie starts yelling, finally getting some respect here. :banana::lol:

Thanks everybody, we'll see ya's this weekend. :banana: :banana: