Cylinder Stud Torque please

Dont torque them into the case. Tighten them a bit. Torque is acheived when you torque the head nuts down.

Torque, by misconception is not how tight the bolts or nuts get to hold. Its a simplified way of measuring fastener stretch. Evey fastener has an ideal stretch which makes it to the point holding the best and strongest. Too much stretch the fastener becomes brittle and subject to breakage. Too little stretch and it backs off easy. Why do you think when you need proper torque values you lube the fastener? Dry fasteners cause too much friction and you get cant get the proper torque setting. You lube them to to obtain correct torque values.

Dont torque them into the case. Tighten them a bit. Torque is acheived when you torque the head nuts down.

Torque, by misconception is not how tight the bolts or nuts get to hold. Its a simplified way of measuring fastener stretch. Evey fastener has an ideal stretch which makes it to the point holding the best and strongest. Too much stretch the fastener becomes brittle and subject to breakage. Too little stretch and it backs off easy. Why do you think when you need proper torque values you lube the fastener? Dry fasteners cause too much friction and you get cant get the proper torque setting. You lube them to to obtain correct torque values.

The guy is asking a simple question; he’s not looking for a Webster’s dictionary definition. Torque is the way we normal people communicate with each other in regard on how tight to tighten a nut. Besides, it has more to do with making sure the gasket is compressed evenly than the tensile load on the fastener.

My manual says 49 ft-lbs for a 2003. I’m not sure about other years.

The guy is asking a simple question; he’s not looking for a Webster’s dictionary definition. Torque is the way we normal people communicate with each other in regard on how tight to tighten a nut. Besides, it has more to do with making sure the gasket is compressed evenly than the tensile load on the fastener.

My manual says 49 ft-lbs for a 2003. I’m not sure about other years.

I think before you speak you should read. He was asking for cylinder stud torque, not the head nut torque.

And torque has everything to do with the load rating of the fastener not the gasket, gasket are made to specifics of the load factor and service. And to even load the head and gasket, has nothing to do with torque but the pattern you torque the nuts too.

BTW you only torque nuts? not bolts? You're an idiot.?:banana:

I think before you speak you should read. He was asking for cylinder stud torque, not the head nut torque.

And torque has everything to do with the load rating of the fastener not the gasket, gasket are made to specifics of the load factor and service. And to even load the head and gasket, has nothing to do with torque but the pattern you torque the nuts too.

BTW you only torque nuts? not bolts? You're an idiot.?:banana:

I don’t think the OP is trying to torque the studs without the head and cylinder assembled.

Keep talking about fastener stretch; it makes you sound really smart.