Sign in to follow this  

04' surging in top gear

Hi, i have an 04 yzf250 that surges only when in top gear, half to full throttle

/ i am unsure whether i show mess with the mixture knob or which way to turn it? thanks

brace yourself for a gearbox rebuild !!!! same as me, 3 weeks ago... felt like it was stuttering, holding back.... i'll tell ya how to test it..... sit on it, get it into 5th gear, hold front brake on or get it butted head on tight to a wall... rev and release the clutch a little... you will feel and hear the noise ! feels like the chain jumping... i sincerely hope its not this but hey, mine is an 05 and just shat 5th gear ! ps, i couldnt hear any crashing or noises whilst riding... too much ambient noise... but it sounds like the same issue.. i thought mine was jetting ! 15 yrs importing sports cars and riding for 20yrs and 10yrs as a diesel fitter(been out of that for a long time) and couldnt spot this until i held it still and loaded 5th up !!! good luck man !!

Check your transmission that would be where i would start. If it is a fuel related issue it is going to be in your needle circut. Look in the FAQ's for yzfs and it will give you a great break down on carb jetting.

"doubler " double post..... computer hung and posted same twice.. did you do the check i said to try ?