Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Rainbow Falls - Conditions?

I know it's still early in the season, and I realize there's a decent chance of more snow in the forecast for the middle of this week, but has anyone been down to Rainbow Falls recently? I was hoping to head down there next weekend (13th-14th) if the conditions were decent.

I read this report from Rampart this weekend and the conditions were better than I would have expected, which made me more hopeful:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=557168

Any information would be appreciated! :banana:

Where ever you decide to go let me know. I'm going somewhere.

x2 I'm ready to hit the trails!

Sunday I drove near that area\pine junction toward Decker's and saw 3 trucks with dirt bikes in the bed so there must be some riding open? I'm in Conifer and got hit with snow last night but further south it usually has less snow. I will watch this thread and would like to find some dirt also!

I live in Woodland Park, about 7 miles from the trail head of Rainbow Falls, havent been riding there in a while but we did get some snow last night, not a lot, just an inch or so, and the sun has been melting most everything away, there will for sure still be snow in the shady areas though.

I'll probably just hit the track, but I'm dying to get out on the trails soon! Going watch a buddy at the race at IMI on Sunday.

Hey Mike. Ill hit PPIR or Pueblo this weekend. But if you wanted to try RF Id be up for that too. Whatever day works best for you works for me. Let me know.

Thanks for all of the replies! Much appreciated! :banana:

Rich, I'll definitely keep you posted, and I appreciate the invitation to go down to PPIR or Pueblo. I'm going to keep watching this thread and the weather forecast (looks like Woodland Park might be getting some more snow tonight and tomorrow, unfortunately) and see what this weekend looks like. My initial reason for posting was because my parents have some friends that are planning on camping down at Rainbow Falls this weekend, and since they have ATV's (and bikes), I was curious whether or not it was worth hauling my bike down, or if it was just going to be an ATV weekend.

Let me know what you end up deciding, too. If the conditions aren't looking promising, I'd love to check out that PPIR riding area :lol:

Just to let you all know, i got about 3-4" at my house last night in Woodland Park and it is snowing right now according to my wife and they are calling for it keep snowing through the night.

Thanks for the update Okiyota. Bummer to hear you got so much snow down there, though. Maybe I'll save Rainbow Falls for another weekend.

Rich, I think I'm going to head to Pueblo to camp with my parents and their friends down there instead. We'll likely camp near the motocross track and do some riding on the track and the nearby hills. Let me know if you're still interested in riding Pueblo :banana:

No sweat man, avoiding RF may be your best bet this weekend, it continued to snow all night last night, not real heavy, just consistently. Got another 1-2" last night, for sure everything back there will be covered, so unless thats your cup of tea i would head south.